Author Topic: Father of Parkland School Shooting Survivors Killed in North Lauderdale Armed Robbery  (Read 674 times)

Offline mrclose

There is video at the link.

The father of two Parkland school shooting survivors was fatally shot at his own North Lauderdale convenience store during a robbery, according to the Broward County Sheriff's Office.

Ayub Ali, a father of four, died Tuesday. Just five months prior, his son and daughter survived the mass shooting that killed 17 and injured 17 others at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

According to a BSO report, Lauderdale Lakes BSO deputies and Tamarac Fire Rescue paramedics found the injured 61-year-old store clerk when they arrived at Aunt Molly's Food Store, located at 1691 S. State Road. Ali was transported to Fort Lauderdale's Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

The suspect forced Ali to his store's back office, where he was shot.

"He took money from the cash register and left. The thief returned shortly after and shot Ali," BSO said in a statement. "The suspect wore a black vest, reddish-orange shorts with a black and white stripe on the sides, reddish-orange slides and a skull cap with 'Miami' stitched on the front."

The convenience store reopened Thursday and loyal customers placed a makeshift memorial for Ali, who was born in Bangladesh.

Parkland's Bangladeshi community has stepped up to support Ali's widow and children. On Feb. 14, Ali's daughter was in a classroom in MSD's 1200 building, where the massacre occurred, according to a family friend. One of his sons also was at the school.

"This is the biggest part that hurts me. They have to be without their dad for the rest of their life," Ali's friend Alex Rios told NBC 6.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Father-Of-Two-Parkland-School-Shooting-Survivors-Killed-After-North-Lauderdale-Robbery--488636961.html

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm thinking he should have armed himself.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

David Hogg is riding to the scene on his bike as we speak.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
David Hogg is riding to the scene on his bike as we speak.

Offline mrclose

Having a gun is like a parachute.  If you need one and don't have it, you will never need one again.
~ Self

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
How many people were in that school at the time? I wouldn't think this is all that notable, given that it was a public school and anyone within a certain number of miles with students of that age would have had their kids in that school.

Must be a slow news day.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

How many people were in that school at the time? I wouldn't think this is all that notable, given that it was a public school and anyone within a certain number of miles with students of that age would have had their kids in that school.

Must be a slow news day.

Murders happen daily in Coward County Fl. 

Offline mrclose

Murders happen daily in Coward County Fl.
Sad to say that I was born and raised there.
Left about 25 years ago.

The area that this happened in was where I rented one of my first apartments when I was married and went to work for the airlines.

It was an 'exclusive' area known for the amount of doctors, lawyers and other professionals that lived there at the time.

I have no idea what changed!
(Well ... I do but that wouldn't be Politically Correct!)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:56:36 pm by mrclose »
~ Self

Offline mountaineer

"The suspect wore a black vest, reddish-orange shorts with a black and white stripe on the sides, reddish-orange slides and a skull cap with 'Miami' stitched on the front."
Seems an incomplete description. This may help.

http://youtu.be/8Dm83qCcsPA
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mrclose

Arrest made in killing of a store owner whose kids survived the Parkland massacre

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article215285030.html
~ Self