Author Topic: Iran Has Laid Groundwork For Extensive Cyberattacks On U.S., Say Officials  (Read 477 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
ASPEN, Colo. — Iranian hackers have laid the groundwork to carry out extensive cyberattacks on U.S. and European infrastructure and on private companies, and the U.S. is warning allies, hardening its defenses and weighing a counterattack, say multiple senior U.S. officials.

Despite Iran having positioned cyber weapons to carry out attacks, there is no suggestion an offensive operation is imminent, according to the officials, who requested anonymity in order to speak.

Cyber threats have been a major theme of the 2018 Aspen Security Forum, with administration officials from Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, FBI Director Chris Wray, and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein all warning of the pervasive danger from Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/iran-has-laid-groundwork-extensive-cyberattacks-u-s-say-officials-n893081?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:36:48 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I feel secure in the knowledge that our Alphabets can protect us when we put our heads down to sleep at night.

****sheep****
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.