Author Topic: Manhattan Madam Kristin Davis Subpoenaed By Robert Mueller  (Read 2736 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Manhattan Madam Kristin Davis Subpoenaed By Robert Mueller
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 09:26:42 pm »
True Dat @skeeter I quit using it 6 months ago, I now use 'Stable Genius'.

When that gets old, you can use 'your favorite president.'

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Inconceivable that the government would break into a lawyer’s office (early in the morning) - almost unheard of. Even more inconceivable that a lawyer would tape a client - totally unheard of & perhaps illegal. The good news is that your favorite President did nothing wrong.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 09:28:42 pm »
    True Dat @skeeter I quit using it 6 months ago, I now use 'Stable Genius'.

Well you are a creative soul.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 01:46:07 am »
The thing that bugs me about this "only the best people" meme is it provides an excuse to hang every peccadillo by an underling on the boss.  It makes my eyes roll, to coin a phrase.

So what if Trump said that?  He's a politician since the escalator ride, so I take every word he says with a grain of salt.

I think that leaders set expectations and true leaders hold themselves (and expect to be held accountable) for those expectations.  Trump set the expectation of "only hiring the best people".  If it was just a lie, then he should walk it back IMO. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2018, 01:50:34 am »
   Theoretically, as soon as Trump went from 'Lock her up' to 'She's suffered enough' in the first 2 hours of his Presidency, he sealed his inevitable fate, IMHO.

But I guess if you simply take what Trump says with a "grain of salt", you simply ignore things like "lock her up", "repeal and replace", Mexico will pay for the wall, China will be named a currency manipulator, I'll propose a term limit Constitutional Amendment with the first 100 days, etc. etc. etc. Campaign promises are only to be celebrated if they're achieved.  Apparently they're to be ignored when the candidate doesn't honor them (at least if the candidate is "their guy").  "She's suffered enough" was yet another unforced error IMO.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2018, 01:55:32 am »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2018, 02:07:29 am »
I think that leaders set expectations and true leaders hold themselves (and expect to be held accountable) for those expectations.  Trump set the expectation of "only hiring the best people".  If it was just a lie, then he should walk it back IMO.

He has a way of saying things in a manner that anybody can read whatever they want to into it, so they can bash him, or love him.  I just happen to be tired of this meme.  Feel free to use and abuse it.

I don't believe much of what he ways, I just know he doesn't spell his name H. I. L. L. A. R. Y.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2018, 02:18:36 am »
He has a way of saying things in a manner that anybody can read whatever they want to into it, so they can bash him, or love him.  I just happen to be tired of this meme.  Feel free to use and abuse it.

I don't believe much of what he ways, I just know he doesn't spell his name H. I. L. L. A. R. Y.

I agree that he says things in such a way that folks can hear what they want to hear.  I've found that that is what con men typically do.  As someone who tries to be basicly an honest person myself, I hold others to that same standard (of being honest).  I just won't accept that the new normal is that we should just accept that we don't need to believe what the President of the United States says (on a day to day basis).  I understand the argument that he's not Hillary, and I approve of much of his policy (e.g., deregulation, ISIS, judges, etc.), but that doesn't mean I'll just ignore his lies/falsehoods/untruths.  Most importantly, I just can't understand how any basicly honest person can come to just accept that the President of the United States can't be believed; however, I do recognize that with his approval ratings with Republicans being in the 80's that I'm in the minority (and that makes me quite sad for our country). 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2018, 02:23:15 am »
I agree that he says things in such a way that folks can hear what they want to hear.  I've found that that is what con men typically do.  As someone who tries to be basicly an honest person myself, I hold others to that same standard (of being honest).  I just won't accept that the new normal is that we should just accept that we don't need to believe what the President of the United States says (on a day to day basis).  I understand the argument that he's not Hillary, and I approve of much of his policy (e.g., deregulation, ISIS, judges, etc.), but that doesn't mean I'll just ignore his lies/falsehoods/untruths.  Most importantly, I just can't understand how any basicly honest person can come to just accept that the President of the United States can't be believed; however, I do recognize that with his approval ratings with Republicans being in the 80's that I'm in the minority (and that makes me quite sad for our country).

To me, it means the intellectual depth of the country is at a record shallow. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2018, 02:25:43 am »
To me, it means the intellectual depth of the country is at a record shallow. :shrug:

I agree and that indeed makes me quite sad.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2018, 05:14:38 pm »
Yes.... but.... unlike what some fools would claim.... this is not a dictatorship.  Meaning... the only power he has other than getting something passed via Congress.... is Executive Orders.  Half (or more) of "his team" at the alphabet agencies are rabidly anti-Trump.  If he fires them all, he loses.  If he keeps them on, he loses.  He literally is in a lose-lose scenario... much like what it always turns out to be for a non-leftist or Republican president.

Early on, he sabotaged getting things through Congress.  Do you think that was a strategy so nobody could blame him, or was it mere incompetence?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2018, 07:27:24 pm »
Early on, he sabotaged getting things through Congress.  Do you think that was a strategy so nobody could blame him, or was it mere incompetence?

That is an interesting question.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2018, 08:26:44 pm »
That is an interesting question.

I'd go with incompetence.  I think this politics stuff is a lot harder than the easy he expected.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2018, 08:31:32 pm »
I'd go with incompetence.  I think this politics stuff is a lot harder than the easy he expected.

I dunno... Watch him work. He always has someone to blame. Behind all the kabuki theater, Congress is the bag-holder so that he can fail to complete his promises without fault...

There has to be a reason behind pissing off absolutely everyone he would need to pass legislation.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2018, 08:35:04 pm »

He was just going through some changes.

"He has evolved in the way he's looked at things," Kelly said, adding, "Campaign to governing are two different things, and this President has been very, very flexible in terms of what is within the realm of the possible."
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2018, 08:20:08 pm »
'Manhattan Madam' Kristin Davis set to testify before Mueller grand jury this week
Last week an investigator on Mueller’s team questioned Kristin Davis, an associate of former Trump adviser Roger Stone, about Russian collusion.
by Anna Schecter / Aug.06.2018 / 12:03 PM ET

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/manhattan-madam-kristin-davis-testify-mueller-grand-jury-week-n897951
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2018, 08:35:23 pm »

Wow, only 41.   Road very hard and put up wet too many time. 

She'll make a credible witness too.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline darroll

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2018, 11:08:33 pm »
<chuckle>
Is this the new girl from Russia that rigged the election?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2018, 11:47:25 pm »
Wow, only 41.   Road very hard and put up wet too many time. 

She'll make a credible witness too.

Couple years in prison can change a gal.
I will NOT comply.