Author Topic: Trump says he's 'ready' to put tariffs on all $505 billion of Chinese goods imported to the US  (Read 7328 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There.  Fixed it.

Yeah but TARIFF sounds more Trumpian and Pro-American than stating what it plainly is.

Because you know, as was asked above - why can't you do without if you cannot afford to pay more in taxes to the Beast in D.C.?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hoodat

Because you know, as was asked above - why can't you do without if

Sounds like something Goebbels would ask.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@INVAR

China can't match us dollar for dollar on the tariffs, given the trade deficit size.  However, one potential weapon is something you mentioned in another thread regarding Russia...

China is one of the largest holders of U.S. Treasurys, owning about $1 trillion of bonds in 2017, according to the Federal Reserve. Like most investors, it wants to stash greenbacks in something safe and U.S. bonds are still solid investments. However, if the Chinese government gets pushed too far, it could decide to sell off its holdings or stop buying new U.S. bonds — and that could have a significant impact on the U.S. economy. “It’s the nuclear option,” Hooper said.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/19/4-lethal-weapons-china-has-to-help-win-the-us-china-trade-war.html

Everyone seems to forget that Obama got China to buy a bunch of bonds to fund our debt and his spending increases early in his tenure. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I got plenty for you.

You're not even trying.  I'm hurt. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You're not even trying.  I'm hurt.

Of course you're 'hurt'.

Being a mob zombie is not exactly pleasant I am told.

I mean all those twists of pretzel logic you have to contort yourself into to keep believing' in Trump.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Of course you're 'hurt'.

Being a mob zombie is not exactly pleasant I am told.

I mean all those twists of pretzel logic you have to contort yourself into to keep believing' in Trump.

Nah I'm no Zombie.  More of a Mummy actually.  Zombies usually work in packs, but mummies are loners. Zombies are stupid creatures who have trouble figuring out "stairs" and "doorknobs," but mummies  can usually figure out complex problems and solutions using the alignment of the stars and some sort of advanced calculus. Mummies usually make their prey look stupid because they themselves are intelligent, but zombie prey ends up looking even stupider because apparently seeing a zombie always makes people do the stupidest things possible in order to get caught (Example: If zombies attack a neighborhood and start killing normals left and right, there will always be a few incredibly stupid bleep who, after already making it safely to their car or panic room, insist upon emerging from their safety to save either their cat [who will survive anyway] or their neighbor [who is already moaning in pain from already being eaten by a zombie]). The good news about this is that when these stupid buttheads get bitten and eaten by zombies themselves, they will become even dumber zombies, and thusly give regular and smart normals more time to escape.

So there you have it.

Offline Hoodat

Maybe it is some type of zombie thing.  Why else would someone embrace the exact same policy that Bernie Sanders campaigned on in 2016?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

We'll be right back after this Brief Commercial Break

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Nah I'm no Zombie.  More of a Mummy actually.

Oh I can see that.

All wrapped up in a cult of personality that is nothing but a curse of mystifying walking dead ash.

Online Wingnut

Oh I can see that.

All wrapped up in a cult of personality that is nothing but a curse of mystifying walking dead ash.

Leave my ash out of this.

Offline Suppressed

Nah I'm no Zombie.  More of a Mummy actually.  Zombies usually work in packs, but mummies are loners. Zombies are stupid creatures who have trouble figuring out "stairs" and "doorknobs," but mummies  can usually figure out complex problems and solutions using the alignment of the stars and some sort of advanced calculus. Mummies usually make their prey look stupid because they themselves are intelligent, but zombie prey ends up looking even stupider because apparently seeing a zombie always makes people do the stupidest things possible in order to get caught (Example: If zombies attack a neighborhood and start killing normals left and right, there will always be a few incredibly stupid bleep who, after already making it safely to their car or panic room, insist upon emerging from their safety to save either their cat [who will survive anyway] or their neighbor [who is already moaning in pain from already being eaten by a zombie]). The good news about this is that when these stupid buttheads get bitten and eaten by zombies themselves, they will become even dumber zombies, and thusly give regular and smart normals more time to escape.

So there you have it.

You seem more like a Mummy Fluffer to me!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Leave my ash out of this.

Be careful, I am pretty sure that @Frank Cannon has the license and monopoly on street-level humor on this board.  In fact, his lawyers are named Guido, wear snakeskin boots with a lot of gold bling and drive white Cadillacs.

They may give you a cease and desist visit which usually involves bowling pins, duct tape, quick-dry cement and gasoline.

Offline corbe

There is no epidsodial proof that @Frank Cannon can survive being shot, Mannix got shot 4 times and survived. /JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

Be careful, I am pretty sure that @Frank Cannon has the license and monopoly on street-level humor on this board.  In fact, his lawyers are named Guido, wear snakeskin boots with a lot of gold bling and drive white Cadillacs.

They may give you a cease and desist visit which usually involves bowling pins, duct tape, quick-dry cement and gasoline.

I'm new here.  I didn't know he was "Mobbed Up"

Online Wingnut

You seem more like a Mummy Fluffer to me!

I'm a Mummy Daddy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I'm new here.  I didn't know he was "Mobbed Up"

He owns most of the Section 8 firetraps in the country.

And he is proud of that feat which requires hard-line management techniques.

Oh, he also has his own microbrewery and medicinal marijuana nursery.

Online Wingnut

He owns most of the Section 8 firetraps in the country.

And he is proud of that feat which requires hard-line management techniques.

Oh, he also has his own microbrewery and medicinal marijuana nursery.

Sounds like a renaissance man.   A real go getter.  A winner.  I bet he is a Trump Supporter.

Offline Hoodat

Bullets bounced off of Barnaby Jones.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Sounds like a renaissance man.   A real go getter.  A winner.  I bet he is a Trump Supporter.

Of course he is.

He is the guy who invented Corinthian Leather and then trademarked the word "Rich" to be used exclusively with his patent.

He was the guy who put up Ricardo's grandparents in his first flat before Lil' Ricky had his first acting job.  They were friends ever since, and got to work as a gaffer on Fantasy Island for a few years after they cancelled his show.

Online Wingnut

Of course he is.

He is the guy who invented Corinthian Leather and then trademarked the word "Rich" to be used exclusively with his patent.

He was the guy who put up Ricardo's grandparents in his first flat before Lil' Ricky had his first acting job.  They were friends ever since, and got to work as a gaffer on Fantasy Island for a few years after they cancelled his show.

I think you are making that part up. Lil' Ricky must be 70 by now.

Offline skeeter

You got that right. And he calls himself Rickie now.

Offline Frank Cannon

Cadillacs? I don't deal with slip and fall lawyers. Mine drive Lexus's.

Offline Frank Cannon

.... and medicinal marijuana nursery.

Actually working on a dispensary license as we speak.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Ricardo is dead my friend.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Actually working on a dispensary license as we speak.

Ingenious.  I knew you had the vending business locked up tight, but daaaaammmnnnnnnnn........................