Author Topic: SF Mayor says her city is drowning in poop: ‘there's more feces … than I've ever seen’  (Read 2302 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
goodwithagun wrote:
"What we need is common sense feces control."

Nah.
What they need in Frisco is one of these on every corner:

(although I'll bet a lot of the bums there wouldn't even bother using them!)

Some years back they put in 12 State of the Art Public Toilets at over a Million$ each.

Within days they were disgusting, filthy with human waste dropped smeared and squirted out all over their insides.

Completely unusable.

Spending won't do it. A bulldozer might.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:53:09 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline goodwithagun

goodwithagun wrote:

Nah.

Kinda get the feeling that regardless of how many of those are present, the feces situation won’t change  :shrug:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

goodwithagun wrote:

Nah.

It's bigger on the inside.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Get a fleet of these. Head 'em up. Move 'em out.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

Some years back they put in 12 State of the Art Public Toilets at over a Million$ each.

Within days they were disgusting, filthy with human waste dropped smeared and squirted out all over their insides.

Completely unusable.

Spending won't do it. A bulldozer might.

I'm having a hard time grasping why a human being wouldn't have sense enough or enough self pride to use a port-a-john rather than defecate on the streets.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:12:30 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

@mrclose

Don't know how old you are, but I have lived long enough to see a transition from the late 1930s to now regarding "poor" people.  Back then, people didn't defecate on the streets. 

Back then, there were "hobos", homeless people roaming around the country.  A hobo would come by our house and mother would give them food, then they moved on.

There were "poor farms".  There was one about ten miles from where we lived.  The poor could live there and help grow the food in the gardens these places had.  This was in east Texas.  I remember when there would be people who joked about the poor farm, such as, "Watch out you don't end up at the poor farm", and people would laugh.  Also, churches would give food to the poor.

When government started programs for the poor, the poor farms went away and there were no more hobos coming by the house.  Social Security started in 1935. I was too young to know about that then, but by the late 1930s, I remember my parents talking about this new Social Security program. 

Few women worked at a job then.  They married and took care of the house and the kids.  It took time then to keep things going.  A black woman would come to our house on Mondays and help mother wash clothes in the back yard.  There was a large black pot with wood under it, making the hot water to wash the clothes and another black pot for rinsing the clothes, then they were hung on a clothes line to dry.  I remember when she got a "washing machine", and the black pots went away.  This new washing machine would have clothes in it, washing them, then clear water was put in it and the clothes were rinsed, then put through a wringer attached to the top of this unit.

Mothers canned the food from the garden.  Their lives were consumed with keeping the family going with food and clean clothes and ironing those clothes.  Tuesdays were ironing days.  Mothers could not work at regular jobs, there was no time.

In the 40s, a widowed woman who lived next door, had a daughter, and this widow had a regular job - she worked in the school cafeteria and the bread and cakes she made was the best I ever remember having.  Every food was made from "scratch". She had to keep up with their clothes and food at home, plus work at the school to keep them going.  Both she and her daughter could eat at the school cafeteria and I expect she took food from that kitchen to her house as she could not have a garden by herself.  My father also gave her food from our garden.

People were responsible for their own lives - government programs were not there.  Once the government stepped in, people depended on them instead of themselves.

@Victoria33

I got to your post late (today) and I want to say Thank You for such an informative and very interesting look back on history!

I really enjoyed the post 'AND' have stolen it and placed it in a Favorites folder! :beer:
~ Self

Offline mrclose

It was 'because' of Adrian Monk that I stopped looking at (and eating) birthday cakes in the same way again! 8888crybaby

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:19:59 pm by mrclose »
~ Self

Online mountaineer

People were responsible for their own lives - government programs were not there.  Once the government stepped in, people depended on them instead of themselves.
Government "programs" have made slaves of the poor and the mentally ill in this country.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33  I got to your post late (today) and I want to say Thank You for such an informative and very interesting look back on history!  I really enjoyed the post 'AND' have stolen it and placed it in a Favorites folder! :beer:
@mrclose

You said: "When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.  It is difficult only for the others."

I noted that comment a while ago.  I am stealing it from you.  It is absolutely true.  A week ago, an orthopedic surgeon put me to sleep to begin to correct the problem of cartiledge collapsing between my cervical (neck) vertebrae and causing pressure on a nerve that goes through my shoulders and down to my wrists.  I have been in terrible pain in my shoulders and my wrists.  The point is I was put to sleep.  Time was still going on but I didn't know it.  I didn't know what people anywhere were doing.  I woke up in a wheelchair - how did I get from the surgical table into the wheelchair?  I don't know.  I was artificially dead. My pain was gone while I was dead. I didn't have to deal with anything in this life because I was dead.  I lost time out of my life because I was dead.  That procedure stopped the pain, thank God.  The procedure will have to be done one or two more times until the steriod shots create more space in the spinal canal to releive the pressure on the nerve.  That means one or two more times I will be dead again. Was it good to be dead?  I don't know because I was dead.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 06:29:01 pm by Victoria33 »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Are you going in San Francisco...
Don't look for a Restroom,
Just do it anywhere....
If you're going in San Francisco
 You can just go, and go without a care....

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Are you going in San Francisco...
Don't look for a Restroom,
Just do it anywhere....
If you're going in San Francisco
 You can just go, and go without a care....

If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some feces in your hair

Summertime, will be a poop-in there.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 05:49:56 am by dfwgator »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Be sure to wear some feces in your hair

Summertime, will be a poop-in there.
Assburied will reach new heights!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

Just how much more poop is there?

A straight line man would say to a comic.

More than I ever saw before.

Really. Is that the best you can do?

Everything San Francisco is a joke.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online libertybele

Sadly the people who are defecating on the streets of San Fran are allowed to vote; allowing more defecation and voting for the same people who have destroyed this city.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.