Author Topic: Before Inauguration, Trump Had Reportedly Already Seen Evidence Putin Personally Ordered Election In  (Read 1426 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
U.S. President Donald Trump had seen highly classified evidence before his inauguration that Russian President Vladimir Putin had “personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election,” The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Trump sounded “grudgingly convinced” when he was shown the findings of Putin’s interference on Jan. 6 of last year — just two weeks before his inauguration, according to the report, which cited multiple people who attended the briefing.

The meeting took place at Trump Tower and the then-president-elect was shown evidence that included texts and emails from Russian military officers, according to the Times. There was also information gathered from a top-secret source close to Putin, which outlined the Kremlin’s plan to sway the 2016 election, the report said.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/19/trump-saw-evidence-putin-ordered-election-swayed-in-early-2017-report.html
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:55:55 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

which cited multiple people who attended the briefing.

Can any of these people be named? Of course not.....as usual.

This is why the American people do not believe a word in the NY Slimes or from our corrupt and dangerous "Intelligence" agencies.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

which cited multiple people who attended the briefing.

Can any of these people be named? Of course not.....as usual.

This is why the American people do not believe a word in the NY Slimes or from our corrupt and dangerous "Intelligence" agencies.

President Trump has been so honest and forthcoming on this and other issues in the past, perhaps he deserves the benefit of the doubt now.

I'm just kidding of course. *stifles laugh*

Good Luck soon to be President Pence.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:11:07 am by Once-Ler »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
President Trump has been so honest and forthcoming on this and other issues in the past, perhaps he deserves the benefit of the doubt now.

I'm just kidding of course. *stifles laugh*

@Once-Ler   George Will? Is that you?

Tell me how long people have been saying what you are?  *stifles laugh*

How much time longer are you proposing? Talk is cheap.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:28:24 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Trump sounded “grudgingly convinced” when he was shown the findings of Putin’s interference on Jan. 6 of last year — just two weeks before his inauguration, according to the report, which cited multiple people who attended the briefing.

The meeting took place at Trump Tower and the then-president-elect was shown evidence that included texts and emails from Russian military officers, according to the Times. There was also information gathered from a top-secret source close to Putin, which outlined the Kremlin’s plan to sway the 2016 election, the report said.

Sounds like flimsy evidence. They can really pin this on Putin? Sure. I'm sure, Putin would be responsible but I doubt if they have such evidence.

Offline edpc

Sounds like flimsy evidence. They can really pin this on Putin? Sure. I'm sure, Putin would be responsible but I doubt if they have such evidence.

You'd be amazed at what things can be gleaned from surveillance programs like ECHELON, PRISM, and XKeyscore.  It's one of the reasons there was so much debate over metadata collection and storage.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Now don't go getting ahead of yourself.  Your people have been wrong before.

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slw4pLx08w0

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election,”

Under Obama, Comey and Brennan?
Countdown to Resignation

Online Right_in_Virginia

U.S. President Donald Trump had seen highly classified evidence before his inauguration that Russian President Vladimir Putin had “personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election,” The New York Times reported on Wednesday.

I can't help wonder why the President-elect would be told about this "meddling" if he was "colluding" with them.   :pondering:

These keystone cops need to get their stories straight.  But then this is their first coup so maybe we should just cut them some slack until they create the right ducks to put in a row.   

Online Right_in_Virginia

Under Obama, Comey and Brennan?

Hey!  Sparky told Putin to "cut it out".  What the heck else did you want him to do? 

Sheeze.   **nononono*

Offline aligncare

Now don't go getting ahead of yourself.  Your people have been wrong before.

! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slw4pLx08w0

Rock on! Look who’s got egg on their face now...

Best presidential election evah!

Online Right_in_Virginia

As the following information shows, no one can accuse Obama, Comey and Brennan of objecting to international election "meddling" on principle.  So, why is Russia's so damn important?

California, understand, does not check if voters are illegal and on its voter signature form and has slyly changed its "I certify I am a U.S. citizen" to "I certify I am a U.S. resident" to avoid prosecuting illegals for voting.  Mexico knows this well.  With Mexico registering the voters of what is not its own country, but a foreign country, you can bet a lot of illegal voting has come courtesy of the Mexican government.

The Mexicans also had a government-linked entity run ads in their own country urging their nationals to encourage their American relatives (not distinguishing citizen from non-citizen) to vote here in the U.S. – for Democrats, of course.

Now a new investigative report suggests a reason why: turns out Australia had been meddling in our election, in a failed bid to ensure Hillary Clinton's victory.  The Hill reports that Downer had earlier dispensed some $25 million in contributions to the Clinton Foundation back in 2006, leaving Australia in a position to ask for some fancy favors from the Democrats.  It's far from the only instance.  Clarice Feldman notes in an email: "The only documented meddling in the election was by Australians."  She sent links to stories showing that illegal campaign donations went to Bernie Sanders from Australian sources, which resulted in a fine for Sanders, and the Australian Labor Party sent operatives to work against President Trump.  Meddling, indeed.

One I didn't write about was the U.K., which left a string of circumstantial crumbs – from Christopher Steele's role in creating the phony "pee" dossier about Donald Trump (colluding with Sidney Blumenthal) to other stuff.

Don't think it doesn't go two ways.  Some lefty scholar assembled a list of 81 elections the U.S. has been known to have interfered in.  Several stick out in my mind: first, President Obama openly interfered with a recent election in Israel in a bid to get Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu unseated.  He also is known to have spied, big time, on Israeli diplomatic and government missions.

There was also Russia, 1996, which assured the re-election of Boris Yeltsin, a poor, hammered drunk who was so unfit to run the country that he couldn't even campaign. The alternative was an avowed communist, which would have been a mess, but there you have it, and don't think Putin isn't aware of this.

Read more:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/still_waiting_for_the_outrage_on_mexicos_and_everyone_elses_election_meddling.html

Offline aligncare

As the following information shows, no one can accuse Obama, Comey and Brennan of objecting to international election "meddling" on principle.  So, why is Russia's so damn important?

Read more:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/still_waiting_for_the_outrage_on_mexicos_and_everyone_elses_election_meddling.html

A lot of high minded folks couldn’t care less about this stuff. They just hate Donald Trump and that, and their virtue, is all that matters to them.

Offline dfwgator

As soon as the press found out the Trump-Putin meeting they started teeing up these stories and letting their imaginations run wild.

Offline GrouchoTex

I can't help wonder why the President-elect would be told about this "meddling" if he was "colluding" with them.   :pondering:

These keystone cops need to get their stories straight.  But then this is their first coup so maybe we should just cut them some slack until they create the right ducks to put in a row.

LOL, you're right.
This story just doesn't make sense.
If true, they just blew the whole "collusion" thing right out of the water, which we all figured was nonsense to begin with.

Offline Victoria33

Offline TomSea

You'd be amazed at what things can be gleaned from surveillance programs like ECHELON, PRISM, and XKeyscore.  It's one of the reasons there was so much debate over metadata collection and storage.

Thanks for the response.

OTOH, I heard a hacker the other day on the radio say how it's hard to trace down a whole lot of things.

Bring on the evidence of this so. We should all look at it.

Offline edpc

Thanks for the response.

OTOH, I heard a hacker the other day on the radio say how it's hard to trace down a whole lot of things.

Bring on the evidence of this so. We should all look at it.

It probably is hard for a hacker. However, in this instance, you have an organization with dedicated teams, using tools to which most people do not have access (specialized software, massive databases and computing power, etc).  As far as the evidence goes, you may get a print out, but that’s about it.  Going too far into the evidence would give away methods and sources.  With that being the case, you would always have unconvinced people.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:54:18 pm by edpc »

Offline andy58-in-nh

As soon as the press found out the Trump-Putin meeting they started teeing up these stories and letting their imaginations run wild.
As long as there exists a seemingly endless number of permanent government Democrats willing and ready to leak their poison to the news media, such phony "news" stories will proliferate like weeds.

It does not help that President Trump once again stuck his foot in his mouth and wound up having to clarify something he never ought to have said. But the fact remains that it doesnt matter, except to the chattering class, and it does not change a thing.

I hope that the President is smart enough to understand that Putin is anything but a nice guy, and not anything other than an autocrat eager to advance his own nationalist agenda. Whatever either of them says publicly is far less important than what they truly comprehend about each other's intentions.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline bilo

What exactly are "cyber attacks"?

If we are talking about trolls on social media, so what.

If we are talking about hacking DNC and hillary servers and then releasing the info how do we know they did that. Our law enforcement and intelligence agencies have never seen the servers.

If we are talking about creating fake dossiers we already know that was done by hillary and the DNC.

This whole thing is such an over blown but of garbage and people are just blindly falling for it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:53:06 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

A lot of high minded folks couldn’t care less about this stuff. They just hate Donald Trump and that, and their virtue, is all that matters to them.

That's it in a nutshell!

How exactly is a "cyber attack" going to change the outcome of an election?

Did the Russians get the media to run fake stories about a candidate that were so damning that the candidate lost? No that was hillary's campaign that tried to do that with the fake dossier and she failed. Did the Russians hack the DNC and hillary's servers and release "secret" info that was damning. We don't know, nobody has examined the servers. If the Russians did this and the info was accurate was it wrong? Journalists used to do this sort of thing all the time and it was called "freedom of the press" and the "pubics right to know".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Victoria33

“U.S. President Donald Trump had seen highly classified evidence before his inauguration that Russian President Vladimir Putin had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election, just two weeks before his inauguration (January 6, 2017), according to the report, which cited multiple people who attended the briefing.  The meeting took place at Trump Tower and the then-president-elect was shown evidence that included texts and emails from Russian military officers.  There was also information gathered from a top-secret source close to Putin, which outlined the Kremlin’s plan to sway the 2016 election, the report said.”
@edpc
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@CatherineofAragon

How it happened, when it happened, who was there when it happened (from Comey’s book):

“On January 6, 2017, two weeks before the inauguration, these people flew to New York City for an intelligence briefing for Trump in Trump Tower: the directors of the CIA, NSA, FBI, were there. This was the third and final briefing session by the leadership of the intelligence community – referred to inside the government as the IC – to describe the classified findings of an intelligence community assessment (ICA) of Russia’s actions during the presidential election.  At President Obama’s direction, analysis from the CIA, NSA, and FBI, coordinated by senior analysts from ODNI - the Office of the Director of National Intelligence - had spent a month pulling together all sources of information to offer government officials, as well as the incoming Trump administration, a complete picture of the level of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.  A watered down version of the ICA had been prepared for public release.  This was about sharing the most sensitive information, including sources and methods – precisely how we knew what we knew – spelling out in great detail why we had achieved the unusual state of a joint high-confidence opinion that Russia had intervened extensively in an American presidential election.”

“The four agencies had joined in the assessment, which was both sunning and straightforward.  Russian president Putin ordered an extensive effort to influence the 2016 presidential election.  That effort which came through cyber activity, social media, and Russian state media, had a variety of goals; undermining public faith in the American democratic process, denigrating Hillary Clinton and harming her electability and potential presidency; and helping Donald Trump get elected.”

(My shorter edit for this section): Among this information was the “Steele dossier”  which contained a variety of allegations about Trump.  It had not been fully validated.  The FBI was aware of the material.  Two  United States Senators contacted Comey to alert him to its existence and the fact that many in Washington either had it or knew of it.  A news agency was going to go with it the next day.  “Among the information was the allegation that while Trump was in Moscow in 2013, he had been engaged in unusual sexual activities with prostitutes that involved them urinating on a hotel bed in the presidential suite of the Ritz-Carlton that the Obamas had used while on a visit there.  Another allegation was that these activities were filmed by Russian intelligence for the possible purpose of blackmail against the president-elect.”  It was determined Comey should advise Trump of these allegations in a private meeting.

Those present at the Trump Tower meeting:
President-Elect Donald Trump, Vice President-Elect, Mike Pence, Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, National Security Advise Mike Flynn, Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
FBI Director James Comey, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, CIA Director John Brennan, NSA Director Mike Rogers, and Trump’s next CIA Director, Mike Pompeo and designated Homeland Security Adviser Tom Bossert and Deputy National Security Adviser K. T. McFarland.  The president-elect’s CIA intelligence briefer – a career employee assigned to deliver regular intelligence briefing to the incoming president – was also in the room to take notes.

Director Clapper presented the intelligence community assessment. During the discussion of Russia’s involvement in the election, Trump asked one question – “But you found there was no impact on the results, right?”  “What we could say is that we found no evidence of alteration of the vote count.”  The Trump team began to discuss how they could handle the publicity the public would get.

Eventually, Clapper said “…there is some additional sensitive material that we thought it might make sense for Director Comey to review with you in a smaller group. We will excuse ourselves so he can discuss it privately with you.”  Trump said, “Just the two of us.”  When the two were toge3ther, Trump spent some time praising Comey and his work.

“I explained the nature of the material I was about to discuss and why we thought it important that he knows about it.  I then began to summarize the allegation in the dossier that he had been with prostitutes in a Moscow hotel in 2013 and that the Russians had filmed the episode.  I didn’t mention one particular allegation in the dossier – that he was having prostitutes urinate on each other on the very bed President Obama and the First Lady had once slept in as a way of soiling the bed.  I figured  that single detail was not necessary to put him on notice about the material. Before I finished, Trump interrupted sharply, with a dismissive tone.  He was eager to protest that the allegations weren’t true.”

“I explained that I wasn’t saying the FBI believed the allegations. We simply thought it important that he know they were out there and being widely circulated.  He then began discussing cases where women had accused him of sexual assault.  He mentioned a number of women and seemed to have memorized their allegations.  As he began to grow more defensive and the conversation turned toward disaster, on instinct, I pulled the tool from my bag: ‘We are not investigating you, sir.’  That seemed to quiet him.  The entire private session took about five minutes.” 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:12:38 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@Once-Ler   George Will? Is that you?
@TomSea
Can't get nothing past you Corey.  Womp womp.