Author Topic: FBI director says Russian influence efforts are ‘very active’  (Read 718 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI director says Russian influence efforts are ‘very active’
By Morgan Chalfant - 07/18/18 08:05 PM EDT

Wray was asked to directly respond to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s denials of Russian interference in the 2016 election during an appearance as the Aspen Security Forum. Wray described the U.S. intelligence community’s assessment of Russian meddling as sound, adding that Moscow “continues to engage in malign influence operations to this day.”

“He’s got his view,” Wray told NBC News anchor Lester Holt. “I can tell you what my view is – the intelligence community's assessment has not changed, my view has not changed, which is that Russia attempted to interfere with the last election and that it continues to engage in malign influence operations to this day.”

Wray’s remarks Wednesday evening follow a series of conflicting statements President Trump has offered this week on Russia’s election interference. On Monday, Trump publicly cast doubt on the intelligence community’s judgment of Russian interference following a meeting with Putin – a statement he later walked back.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/397769-fbi-director-says-russian-influence-efforts-are-very-active
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Are they attempting a coup?  It would be serious if they have something on Trump. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

:0012: Four More Years!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
“He’s got his view,” Wray told NBC News anchor Lester Holt. “I can tell you what my view is – the intelligence community's assessment has not changed, my view has not changed, which is that Russia attempted to interfere with the last election and that it continues to engage in malign influence operations to this day.”

This is very concerning. According to what we know from the intelligence community, Russia tried to influence the election through a number of ads placed on Facebook, and they apparently did hack a local DNC candidate.  So, technically what Wray is saying would be correct, but the amount of importance he seems to place on it is way out of proportion to the laughable Russian attempts.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
FWIW I have heard several times, the money amount of these ads was tiny, they did not influence the election outcome, and the ads were very ineffective.

Per Scott Adams, periscope
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
FWIW I have heard several times, the money amount of these ads was tiny, they did not influence the election outcome, and the ads were very ineffective.

Per Scott Adams, periscope

Yes, so why is Wray pulling a long face and telling us how serious and concerning it is?

Offline dfwgator

Funny how the Democrats don't care about illegals meddling in our elections.

Offline Frank Cannon

The Rats know they are screwed in the upcoming election so they are setting the table to blame their upcoming loss on "Russian Meddling". It's the only way to explain A) why they keep pimping the idea that a childs Phishing Scam effected a nations elections and B) why they seem to be perpetually helpless to show tangible evidence that people understand that it effected the election.

Just remember these are the same people who brought us "Weapons of Mass Destruction" and "Arab Spring" along with a whole host of massive failures.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:56:20 am by Frank Cannon »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I'm beginning to think they are going to say this until a Democrat is elected.