Author Topic: GOP leader resigns after Trump-Putin summit: “A matter of conscience” and “duty”  (Read 350 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump made a huge mistake saying what he did (whether true or not).  It only escalated the witch hunt from the left and the blatantly obvious attempt to take this President down.  Joaquin Castro is now involved -- not good.  Not good at all.  I posted this not because I see "Salon" as a credible source, but the fact that reference was made to Castro being involved.

GOP leader resigns after Trump-Putin summit: “A matter of conscience” and “duty”

When President Donald Trump returned to the United States after his summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Finnish capital of Helsinki, he was greeted by thousands of protesters who denounced him as a traitor.....

.....    Protesters outside the White House tonight in response to the Putin meeting for something they've dubbed #OccupyLafayettePark. Rep. Joaquin Castro showed up, another protest set for tomorrow night.

— Will Sommer (@willsommer) July 17, 2018

Tuesday: Day 2 of #OccupyLafayettePark at the White House. 7 PM with @MichaelAvenatti. Hundreds came out with just a couple hours notice tonight. Come out, spread the word, and lean on groups you support to blast out the information. This is insanity. Hold him accountable.

— Adam Parkhomenko (@AdamParkhomenko) July 17, 2018

Many conservatives — a group that has by and large been reluctant to criticize Trump, despite the overwhelming circumstantial evidence that he has been compromised by Russia — are starting to come around to the protesters' way of thinking, even if they are less zealous in how they present it.........

https://www.salon.com/2018/07/17/gop-leader-resigns-after-trump-putin-summit-a-matter-of-conscience-and-duty/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.