Author Topic: Don't eat crab meat from Venezuela, CDC and FDA warn amid multistate outbreak  (Read 564 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Don't eat crab meat from Venezuela, CDC and FDA warn amid multistate outbreak
Ashley May, USA TODAY

Be careful eating crab this summer as Health officials warn the seafood from Venezuela can cause diarrhea, vomiting and fever.

Before ordering crab meat at restaurants, ask where it's from. The Food and Drug Administration is warning people against eating crab meat from Venezuela, because of a Vibrio parahaemolyticus outbreak.

The Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease and Control said fresh crab meat from Venezuela carries a bacteria known as Vibrio parahaemolyticus, which has infected at least 12 people across the country, as of Friday. At least four people have been hospitalized.

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/07/17/crab-meat-venezuela-outbreak-fda-cdc-warns/791116002/

Offline Frank Cannon

Some epidemic. 12 people nationwide.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

If Venezuela has food for export at this point, I'm just not interested.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

If Venezuela has food for export at this point, I'm just not interested.

Don't be so quick about that. My local Piggly Wiggly is running a 10 cans for $3 sale on this Venezuelan product....

Offline RoosGirl

Don't be so quick about that. My local Piggly Wiggly is running a 10 cans for $3 sale on this Venezuelan product....

The idea of the smell that must have come out of that can when it was opened just made me puke a little.

Offline Frank Cannon

The idea of the smell that must have come out of that can when it was opened just made me puke a little.

Yeah. It makes my mouth water too.