Author Topic: Portland art gallery under fire for graphic Trump image  (Read 1135 times)

Offline mrclose

Portland art gallery under fire for graphic Trump image
« on: July 17, 2018, 07:25:36 pm »
There are a number of reports giving out the wrong business as to having this in their window!

The correct business is:
ONE GRAND GALLERY
1000 E Burnside St.
Portland, Or 97214

An art gallery on East Burnside in Portland was receiving considerable backlash online Tuesday for a graphic image plastered to its window and posted to its Facebook page that depicts President Donald Trump, head pulled back, with a bloody knife to his throat.

The image posted by One Grand Gallery appeared to part of an installation launched last week titled "F--- You Mr. President," which featured nearly three dozen artists, according to the gallery's Facebook page, and was accompanied by similar language.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2018/07/portland_art_gallery_under_fir.html

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline skeeter

Re: Portland art gallery under fire for graphic Trump image
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 07:38:04 pm »
These people are insane.

Even if I hated Trump yesterday, I'd be a solid supporter today just because of who opposes him.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 07:45:34 pm »
These people are insane.

Even if I hated Trump yesterday, I'd be a solid supporter today just because of who opposes him.

I'd bet a few bucks that the NSA/Secret Service has or is going to stop by to ask a few questions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 07:58:38 pm »
I'd bet a few bucks that the NSA/Secret Service has or is going to stop by to ask a few questions.

I would’t take that bet.

The level of hatred and hysteria on the part of a good segment of the left exceeds understanding.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 08:16:10 pm »
I'd throw a brick through that window.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 08:21:13 pm »
These people are insane.

Can you imagine a similar exhibit for B. Hussein?   Replace that window image with one of Pres. #44.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 08:29:00 pm »
These people are insane.

This crap really started to germinate when GW was elected, but it has bloomed explosively with Trump. The liberals go to reaction for what and who they agree with is physical, emotional and fantasized violence and death of those they disagree with. You never saw anything like this when democrats were in office, not even Barry. Oh we wanted him out and we disagreed, sometimes vehemently with him, but calling for physical violence or death to him or his supporters? only the insane would do that, or liberals, but then I repeat myself.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 08:30:16 pm »
Absolutely unhinged.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 08:31:10 pm »
This crap really started to germinate when GW was elected, but it has bloomed explosively with Trump. The liberals go to reaction for what and who they agree with is physical, emotional and fantasized violence and death of those they disagree with. You never saw anything like this when democrats were in office, not even Barry. Oh we wanted him out and we disagreed, sometimes vehemently with him, but calling for physical violence or death to him or his supporters? only the insane would do that, or liberals, but then I repeat myself.

This^^^^^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 08:32:20 pm »
Nobody is talking about this but Portland is burning to the ground. There are 24/7 riots, unrest and all around bad things happening there because the govt' is letting the Antifa types have free run of the place. It's a mess of their own making.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 08:37:40 pm »
This is getting out of hand.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Concerned

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 08:47:09 pm »
So far over the line, they can't even see it from where they are. 

:banghead:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 10:11:42 pm »
The picture has been removed from the gallery.

Can we do the same here on TBR?  @mystery-ak

Leave the link ... remove the graphic portrayal of the killing of the President. 

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 10:15:07 pm »
The picture has been removed from the gallery.

Can we do the same here on TBR?  @mystery-ak

Leave the link ... remove the graphic portrayal of the killing of the President.

No.  It needs to stay.  We don't erase history like the Rats and snowflakes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 12:35:07 am »
Nobody is talking about this but Portland is burning to the ground. There are 24/7 riots, unrest and all around bad things happening there because the govt' is letting the Antifa types have free run of the place. It's a mess of their own making.
That, and the homeless emcampments all over the place, turning Portland into San Francisco North, i.e., a huge sewer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 12:41:24 am »

I didn't realize that either.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 12:44:22 am »
Just saw this on Twitter and have no idea whether it's true:
HersheyWoo
🇺🇸#MAGA
🇺🇸
💋
‏ @KmMarkel
7h7 hours ago
Replying to @Bullitino

UPDATE TO THIS HORRIFIC POSTING
just spoke to the owner..HE DID NOT PUT THIS UP
The guy he leases a portion of the building did &it's being taken DOWN..hes a veteran and a Trump supporter &now he's paying the price for some bleep liberal..PLEASE PASS ALONG HE DID NOT DO THIS!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 12:45:18 am »
Nothing new....

And Bush was a frickin' liberal compared to Trump.   It doesn't matter, if you are not a Democrat, this is what they do.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 01:13:52 am »
Concerned wrote:
"So far over the line, they can't even see it from where they are..."

They don' call it "Portlandia" fer nuthin' ...!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 03:36:07 am »

Portland and Seattle.  I can't believe that.  Beheadings are a reality these days.  It isn't just in the ME anymore.  In Mexico they are beheading and dismembering.  This is a sign of the times.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.