Author Topic: Pollak: Trump’s Summit with Putin Was a Success the Media Can’t Admit  (Read 1576 times)

Offline bilo

...Trump was also aggressive on the topic of Europe. Having just come from the NATO summit, where he berated Germany over buying gas from Russia while relying on America’s protection, Trump announced that the U.S. would compete with Russia to sell gas to Europe.

That is a major challenge of geopolitical significance, a sign the U.S. is going to use its technological edge in oil and gas production to boost Europe’s economic independence from Russia. All Russia has, Trump noted, is the advantage of location.

...Trump’s critics are seizing on a single phrase: “I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”

He never “attacked” U.S. intelligence agencies, nor did he explicitly take one side over the other. He said that he trusted Putin — as he should have done, if his goal was to improve relations. He added that “I don’t see any reason why it would be” Russia who carried out the hacking, nudging Russia toward a less adversarial posture.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/07/16/pollak-trumps-summit-with-putin-was-a-success-the-media-cant-admit/
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

The meeting was also noteworthy for what was not said. Putin complained about the U.S. pulling out of the Iran deal, but he was quiet about reports that the U.S. had killed hundreds of Russian military contractors in Syria (without losing a single American). Putin also said nothing about U.S. airstrikes against Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria.

He dared not complain. That is because, far from being weak, Trump has been tougher than his predecessors toward Russia, letting his actions speak louder than his words.

A little bit different take on the press conference.

Offline dfwgator

The knee-jerkers overplayed their hand yet again.

Offline skeeter

The amount of disinformation disseminated by the US media, and information they purposely neglect to report, should concern everyone. Its reaching ominous levels.

Offline bilo

I think so.

I watched the press conference and thought Trump was pretty good. I was pretty surprised by the analysis. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I think so.

I watched the press conference and thought Trump was pretty good. I was pretty surprised by the analysis.

Me, three, @bilo
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bilo

At the press conference, the Russian journalists — who do not enjoy press freedom — asked questions relevant to foreign policy. The American policy, who are theoretically free to think freely, devoted nearly every single question to allegations relating to phony charges of Russian “collusion” with the Trump campaign, including the latest developments in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe. Their concerns had little to do with U.S.-Russia relations and everything to do with domestic U.S. politics.

I know this won't get widely reported. It sure is disappointing.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've seen a lot of people jumping into panic rooms today, and off cliffs.  Knowing what I do about the press, I've been waiting to see what the actual facts are before I start building my bomb shelter.

I refuse to be pushed by either side.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:52:56 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

I've seen a lot of people jumping into panic rooms today, and off cliffs.  Knowing what I do about the press, I've been waiting to see what the actual facts are before I start building my bomb shelter.

I refuse to be pushed by either side.

FWIW, I think this is a good approach.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FWIW, I think this is a good approach.

Means a lot to me, TY! :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You have got to be shitting me. Trump bleep up bigly on this one.

Online DCPatriot

You have got to be shitting me. Trump bleep up bigly on this one.

IMO, he didn't.

If anything...a trap may be springing...but it's Hillary and FRiends' ankles.

Stay tuned.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline Concerned

I think the problem that many of us have is that the President of the United States didn't "explicitly take one side over the other" when dealing with a dictator has has expressed disdain for the United States and it's democratic institutions and who conducted "an act of war" (as Trump's National Security Advisor said previously) against our country.  I think many of us expect our President to defend our country against it's enemies and to defend it's institutions.  Instead, here's parts of the transcript of what this President said today in not defending our country (emphasis added below):

My people came to me, Dan Coates, came to me and some others they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia.

I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be. But I really do want to see the server but I have, I have confidence in both parties.......

I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer.

He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that's an incredible offer. Ok? Thank you...................

I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we've all been foolish. We should have had this dialogue a long time ago, a long time frankly before I got to office. And I think we're all to blame.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/16/629462401/transcript-president-trump-and-russian-president-putins-joint-press-conference
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Anderson Cooper, Chuck Todd, Jeff Flake, democrats galore, more Fakestream media, the intelligence community which "had on their radar," San Bernardino, Boston, Orlando, Nicolas Cruz, the

CIA director that voted communist.

All of the while Mueller finds no collusion, doesn't bother with Hillary's emails or uranium

And right beside, #nevertrumpers that parrot back what media says, and who should read the magazine covers from Reagan's era)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

Anderson Cooper, Chuck Todd, Jeff Flake, democrats galore, more Fakestream media, the intelligence community which "had on their radar," San Bernardino, Boston, Orlando, Nicolas Cruz, the

CIA director that voted communist.

All of the while Mueller finds no collusion, doesn't bother with Hillary's emails or uranium

And right beside, #nevertrumpers that parrot back what media says, and who should read the magazine covers from Reagan's era)

LOL!  But they always have their moral superiority, @truth_seeker ...their 'Trump' card.

Offline bilo

Boy oh Boy talk about an eye opener.

The left never changes.

Offline bilo

Judging from their remarks at the press conference that followed, the two leaders touched on every major important area of foreign policy: Syria, where the U.S. wants Russia to keep Iran at bay; North Korea, where the U.S. wants Russia to help it pressure the Kim regime to denuclearize; Iran, where the U.S. is attempting to re-organize international pressure; and Ukraine, where the U.S. wants Russia to de-escalate.

President Trump, as promised, challenged Putin on the subject of Russian interference in U.S. elections. It was Putin, not Trump, who pointed that out — adding: “I had to reiterate things I said several times, including during our personal contacts, that the Russian state has never interfered and is not going to interfere into internal American affairs, including election process.”

Putin also volunteered the information that Trump had insisted the Russian annexation of Crimea was “illegal.” So much for appeasement.

So is it everyone is getting upset because Trump didn't attack Putin publicly?

I'm glad he didn't. I for one would rather they try to work together where possible. If Trump attacks him publicly Putin is going to have to fight back in order to protect his image with his people and subordinates.

Online kevindavis007

Reagan didn't praise the Soviet leadership or bash our allies.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline dfwgator

What allies?

Offline corbe

I have a hard time taking anything serious that comes from Trumpbart, the DU(mp) of the Right.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online kevindavis007

I have a hard time taking anything serious that comes from Trumpbart, the DU(mp) of the Right.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Mesaclone

Hell yes he did. And repeatedly. Two brief examples below. Know your history young man, lest you look like a fool spouting Dem talking points.

Reagan was effusive at times in his praise of Gorbachev and the Soviets new direction:
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1988-06-04/news/8802020493_1_soviet-people-soviet-leader-soviet-union
Reagan said on Friday that he came away from Moscow convinced that Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev is ``a serious man seeking serious reform`` and declared that the world may now be entering ``a new era in history, a time of lasting change in the Soviet Union.``

And Reagan was quick to bash allies who were weak in supporting his foreign policy...one of many examples below:
http://articles.latimes.com/1986-01-12/news/mn-27117_1_moral-issue
President Reagan, drawing attention to the European allies' reluctance to support his effort to place Libya in economic isolation, suggested in remarks made public Saturday that nations continuing to deal with Libya are placing trade above morality.

And for broader context, EVERY president has bashed allies when needed and praised foes when it was advantageous...carrot and stick work on friend and foe alike, and ANY good president uses them as needed. You seem to have zero knowledge of international politics and/or relations amongst the great nations.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:03:18 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Trumpbart and Hannity would praise Trump if he handed over the government to Hillary Clinton. I suspect they are paid to do so and expect nothing less from them.

As for the actual summit, I haven't seen it and... perish the thought... won't make a comment on something I know nothing about.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

If you think it couldn't get any worse, you are sadly mistaken.

Hannity praises Trump on Putin press conference: 'You were very strong'
BY MAX GREENWOOD - 07/16/18 09:36 PM EDT 

Fox News host Sean Hannity praised President Trump's performance at a controversial news conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday, saying the U.S. leader was "very strong."

The Fox News host, a close friend of Trump and one of the president's most ardent media defenders, said that Trump was right to hone in on questions about the the Democratic National Committee's (DNC) handling of a 2016 cyberattack and the since-closed investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server.

"You were very strong at the end of that press conference," Hannity said in Trump's first interview following the press conference. "You said: "Where are the servers? What about what Peter Strzok says? Where are the 33,000 emails?"

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/397344-hannity-praises-trump-on-putin-press-conference-you-were-very-strong
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.