Author Topic: Paul Ryan scolds Trump: 'Russia is not our ally'  (Read 3470 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Paul Ryan scolds Trump: 'Russia is not our ally'
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2018, 12:25:51 am »

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! #HELSINKI2018

2:40 PM - Jul 16, 2018
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2018, 12:32:18 am »
Trump's intelligence agencies have earned no loyalty from anyone. 

We all know the Russia is the evil empire but most of us don't want a war with them.

Yup. Going in bellowing and threatening would have helped HOW?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2018, 12:35:44 am »

Seems like Coats didn't particularly care for what he heard, today.

I'll sleep well tonight knowing that our DNI thinks we are a freaking democracy.

Okay, the scotch will probably help, too.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2018, 01:14:22 am »
I'll sleep well tonight knowing that our DNI thinks we are a freaking democracy.

Okay, the scotch will probably help, too.

He's heard it from every news reader in the country for his entire lifetime so why would he not believe it?

Pass the Scotch please!  I have a glass!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:18:21 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2018, 01:19:33 am »

Well, what do you expect?  He's a geezer.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), praised the selection of Coats for the national intelligence post. "It'll be great, he's one of my favorite people," McCain said. "I also like see these old geezers given another chance."

Offline edpc

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2018, 12:06:15 am »
Is anyone here interested in whether Clinton indeed did receive 400 million in laundered Russian money?

No?

No, according to the State Department.

State Dept: Russia’s allegations about American citizens ‘absolutely absurd'

"Well, I can't answer on behalf of the White House with regard to that," State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said at a press briefing. "But what I can tell you is that the overall assertions that have come out of the Russian government are absolutely absurd. The fact that they want to question 11 American citizens and the assertions that the Russian government is making about those American citizens, we do not stand by those assertions that the Russian government makes."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/397763-state-dept-russias-allegations-about-american-citizens-absolutely

! No longer available
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:08:54 am by edpc »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2018, 12:17:15 am »

No, according to the State Department.

State Dept: Russia’s allegations about American citizens ‘absolutely absurd'

"Well, I can't answer on behalf of the White House with regard to that," State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said at a press briefing. "But what I can tell you is that the overall assertions that have come out of the Russian government are absolutely absurd. The fact that they want to question 11 American citizens and the assertions that the Russian government is making about those American citizens, we do not stand by those assertions that the Russian government makes."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/397763-state-dept-russias-allegations-about-american-citizens-absolutely

! No longer available

Does the State Dept think the charges themselves are absurd, or are they calling Putin's quid pro quo investigation proposal absurd?

She urged the Russians to pursue other options in their probe.

“Instead, we continue to urge Russian authorities to work with the U.S. Department of Justice to pursue those in Russia who in fact perpetrated the fraud scheme that Russia refers to — that targeted not only Mr. Browder but also his company and others, and also the Russian people as a whole,” Nauert said.

Offline edpc

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2018, 12:28:47 am »
Does the State Dept think the charges themselves are absurd, or are they calling Putin's quid pro quo investigation proposal absurd?

Unless I'm misreading it, she believes the people the Russians should be investigating are Russians - not Americans.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2018, 12:36:27 am »

Unless I'm misreading it, she believes the people the Russians should be investigating are Russians - not Americans.

Alright, so she isn't saying Putin's assertion is absurd.

And I guess its true no one is interested in the veracity of his charge. But they should be.

Offline edpc

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2018, 12:43:51 am »
And then, there's this.......

THE RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, Vladimir Putin, dashed the hopes of conspiracy theorists across America on Tuesday by withdrawing the startling claim he made the day before in Helsinki, that Hillary Clinton’s campaign had received $400 million in donations from investors accused of tax evasion in Russia.

What he had intended to say, according to a Russian government spokesperson, was that business associates of the U.S.-born investor William Browder had donated $400,000 to Clinton’s campaign.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/18/putin-says-misspoke-withdrawing-claim-clinton-got-millions-stolen-russia/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:44:31 am by edpc »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2018, 02:19:16 am »
And then, there's this.......

THE RUSSIAN PRESIDENT, Vladimir Putin, dashed the hopes of conspiracy theorists across America on Tuesday by withdrawing the startling claim he made the day before in Helsinki, that Hillary Clinton’s campaign had received $400 million in donations from investors accused of tax evasion in Russia.

What he had intended to say, according to a Russian government spokesperson, was that business associates of the U.S.-born investor William Browder had donated $400,000 to Clinton’s campaign.

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/18/putin-says-misspoke-withdrawing-claim-clinton-got-millions-stolen-russia/

See a pattern here?  I gave you a present and you gave me one.  You took yours back and so will I.

Seems there was some heavy duty conspiring going on in that meeting.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.