Author Topic: Mystery as IDENTICAL letters appear in 21 newspapers across 12 states slamming Trump's Supreme Court  (Read 723 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mystery as IDENTICAL letters appear in 21 newspapers across 12 states slamming Trump's Supreme Court pick – and they're all signed by different people

At least 21 U.S. newspapers ran identical letters to the editor opposing President Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh this week
    Each letter was published with the name of a different 'signer,' claiming Kavanaugh threatens 'everything that we hold dear as a nation'
    Technique is known as 'astroturfing'; it's unclear who's behind it
    One editor says the woman who appeared to have emailed him the letter now denies ever sending it
    Three prominent liberal advocacy groups that oppose Kavanaugh's nomination have all denied involvement in the campaign.
    The White House is shrugging off the technique, whose history includes similar campaigns from the Republican Party and the liberal MoveOn.org

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5955289/Newspapers-run-IDENTICAL-letters-slamming-Trumps-Supreme-Court-pick.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No mystery really. There are activist pages like Think Progress, Conservative USA, Fair Vote, ALA, and OFA where you can download sample letters. You are supposed to rewrite them in your own voice but people are lazy.

Offline ABX

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There is no mystery here...I remember groups doing this during the Clinton Admin..and even Rush talking about all the seminar callers...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

There is no mystery here...I remember groups doing this during the Clinton Admin..and even Rush talking about all the seminar callers...

And it isn't isolated to the left either. Every political group has these.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Mystery as IDENTICAL letters appear in 21 newspapers across 12 states slamming Trump's Supreme Court pick – and they're all signed by different people

It's not a mystery...its:

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

No mystery really. There are activist pages like Think Progress, Conservative USA, Fair Vote, ALA, and OFA where you can download sample letters. You are supposed to rewrite them in your own voice but people are lazy.

And every editor, including Daily Mail's, knows these. Before e-mail was widespread, they were distributed via fax. 

When i was a newspaper editor, we'd sometimes get copies of the same letter submitted by multiple correspondents.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The only mystery is what shadow organization is behind the astroturfing.

You'll see this now and then on Twitter, too: multiple pundits all tweeting the same hot take on some hot-button issue. I've mostly seen it on the left but that doesn't mean they're the only ones.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024