Author Topic: Trump sits down with Putin after denouncing past U.S. policy on Russia  (Read 5447 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
This one?

@Right_in_Virginia

Yes, that one.  BTW, I changed my pic just for you, per request.  Ignore the tow head kid and concentrate on the ketchup bottle scooter.  Maybe it’ll make you think of John Kerry.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Amen.  He has done that more than once.  I didn't like that Obama does it and I don't like Trump to do it either.  There is no comparison.  Putin is evil.

But Fidel and Raul Castro are not? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

@jdawsey1
One thing I'm picking up from several people in the White House: Trump was/is frustrated that so many people (even within his own administration) didn't want the summit to happen and that so many people have told him to be harsh to Putin.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@jdawsey1
One thing I'm picking up from several people in the White House: Trump was/is frustrated that so many people (even within his own administration) didn't want the summit to happen and that so many people have told him to be harsh to Putin.

It's like having a wife nagging you to have it out with your boss.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline kevindavis007

@RobbieGramer

Tomorrow is the four year anniversary of Russian-backed forces shooting down Malaysian Airlines flight 17 over eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 people on board.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I think it is clear that "OUR' intel/agencys/DOJ are  a greater threat to our freedom than Putin.

Yes our DOJ is a huge threat but Trump appointed both Sessions and Rosenstein.  Why?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/1019004602673434624

David Duke @DrDavidDuke

Bravo Trump! Bravo Russia! Bravo to all the true American Patriots who put America first and Peace and Justice first before the Zionist Deep Evil State ruling American Media and Politics. Russia has values America once had and America the values that Communist Russia had!
4:43 PM - 16 Jul 2018

Offline kevindavis007

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@jdawsey1

Who is JDawsey @kevindavis

Offline jpsb

I've thought so since Bush I. After decades of doing everything to thwart the Soviet Union we did little to assure the new Russia would be a Western state.

That is correct, after winning the cold war we kicked Russia in the face. We had a golden opportunity
to bring Russia into the West and we (H.W. Bush, Clinton, W.Bush) BLEW  IT.

Offline jpsb

Russia under Putin:

Waged continuous & increasingly aggressive cyberattacks against us Maybe
Interfered in our 2016 elections and the proof is?
Annexed Crimea Crimea has been Russian since the days of Catharine the Great. Russia has fought at least two wars over the Crimea. The Crimea belongs to Russia. Period.
Shot down a civilian airliner And the proof is?
Supports Assad in Syria
Invaded our ally Georgia Georgia was never our ally
Murdered opponents in London  And the proof is?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

CNN - https://twitter.com/jdawsey1

A "CNN Analyst" ... Well, let's give this all the respect it deserves.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Waged continuous & increasingly aggressive cyberattacks against us : So did China, Ukraine,North Korea and Iran
Interfered in our 2016 elections Influenced is more accurate and they have done that in every election
Annexed Crimea Crimea has been Russian since the days of Catharine the Great. True
Shot down a civilian airliner True
Supports Assad in Syria True but that is no crime
Invaded our ally Georgia True but I'm not sure that was our business. If Europe doesn't care, I don't see why we should
Murdered opponents in London  Most likely but they are not the only country who does this. Israel is famous for it.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline kevindavis007

@jpsb speaks like a true Russian Sympathizer. It is sad that 'Conservatives' defends the Evil Empire.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
That is correct, after winning the cold war we kicked Russia in the face. We had a golden opportunity
to bring Russia into the West and we (H.W. Bush, Clinton, W.Bush) BLEW  IT.

People have been trying. unsuccessfully, to bring Russia into the West since Peter Alexeyevich.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline aligncare

People have been trying. unsuccessfully, to bring Russia into the West since Peter Alexeyevich.

Why bother? For decades millions upon millions have been bringing themselves into the USA and Canada from the former Soviet Union and satellite states to get away from Mother Russia’s communist tentacles.

At this rate the only communists left in Russia will be ex-pat American leftists fleeing the rise of Trumpian Nationalism.    :silly:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague."

Cicero About 2500 years ago and he was right then and still right today!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:54:29 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

France is France and Germany is Germany and Russia is Russia. All are Western in habit while none being of U.S. political form. I believe that more could have been done to have Russia be more peaceful and cooperative with the West.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@Neverdul

Until 1917 Russia was one of our most reliable allies and trading partners but Woodrow Wilson fixed that!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:10:16 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

As soon as the press found out about the Trump-Putin meeting, they got the narrative ready, it didn't matter what Trump said, this was the angle they were going to go with.   They know Mueller is going nowhere, so this was their last gasp attempt to link Trump to Russia.

Offline dfwgator

@jpsb speaks like a true Russian Sympathizer. It is sad that 'Conservatives' defends the Evil Empire.

You do know the Soviet Union ended in 1992, right?

Offline skeeter

As soon as the press found out about the Trump-Putin meeting, they got the narrative ready, it didn't matter what Trump said, this was the angle they were going to go with.   They know Mueller is going nowhere, so this was their last gasp attempt to link Trump to Russia.

Considering the level of wailing and gnashing of teeth by the democrats and media leading up to yesterday's meeting I have to wonder if the Russians aren't in possession of some more damning info, maybe stuff from Hillary's now obliterated server.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

I agree... next, he'll be saying the Olympians banned from the Olympics did not dope, Crimea is Ukraine, this administration per Rex Tillerson has said it, yes, they shot down that airliner, investigations have shown so. Russia sends mercenaries to Ukraine, the US killed 250 Russian mercenaries in Syria, what a heart Putin has. They were killed like dogs as one of the wives of the soldiers says. Russia can't even have a team in the last Summer Olympics. The doping problem is so bad... and their birth rate is back on the skids.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Considering the level of wailing and gnashing of teeth by the democrats and media leading up to yesterday's meeting I have to wonder if the Russians aren't in possession of some more damning info, maybe stuff from Hillary's now obliterated server.

Somebody has it.  And, the dems sure don't want it exposed to sunlight.