Author Topic: HPV vaccine eliminates skin cancer in 97-year-old, doctors report  (Read 519 times)

Offline Suppressed

HPV vaccine eliminates skin cancer in 97-year-old, doctors report
By Alan Mozes, HealthDay News  |  July 13, 2018 at 10:53 AM

Ian McKenzie and his 97-year-old mother, whose squamous cell carcinoma was thought to be untreatable until doctors injected the HPV vaccine into her tumors -- which disappeared, and there has not been a recurrence of the cancer. Photo by David Sutta

FRIDAY, July 13, 2018 -- Two years ago, Ian McKenzie thought his mom's remaining days were dwindling.

The 97-year-old woman had developed a severe case of what was thought to be an untreatable form of squamous cell carcinoma, the second leading form of skin cancer.

Lesions had developed over much of her right leg, in such numbers and size that chemotherapy and surgery were ruled out as treatments.

On a hunch, her doctor, Dr. Anna Nichols of the University of Miami's Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, tried an unorthodox approach -- she injected each tumor with Gardasil, the HPV vaccine.

The result: All the tumors completely and rapidly disappeared.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline goodwithagun

Re: HPV vaccine eliminates skin cancer in 97-year-old, doctors report
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 01:18:06 am »
At least it works for something, since it only prevents four of the over 100 strains of HPV.
I stand with Roosgirl.