Author Topic: Tart Texas talker gets serious consideration as potential successor to Justice Kennedy  (Read 3930 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
@LegalAmerican, I don't know if I've properly welcomed you to the Briefing Room or not. So welcome. At any rate, many of the members here have been around a long time and quite a few a lot longer than I (2014).

What I can tell you is to me this forum has been a breath of fresh air.  This forum conducts itself in a manner above the rest, and some members have either the experience, expertise, or done the research to make valid their debates and perhaps most importantly for the most part we've always treated each other with mutual respect even if we disagree and normally they don't attack personally unless they get tired of the drama, b.s. or are attacked.

Something you might want to consider.  Just sayin'.  Peace.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

With all due respect,  @LegalAmerican , try cutting the pills in half.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

Well, then you would be wrong. Just because you know this person on here.  Because he is LDS? 

No... I explained up thread that there are MANY Conservative Mormons here, where I live. And I had said that I have worked alongside Mormons in political and charitable endeavors, and have debated (amicably) with them over and over. Many have sat on my porch and drank my tea (figuratively, at least). They are as good and conservative a people as any, and way more conservative as a people than most.

That I also happen to know @Bigun  lo, these many, many years, and know him to be as rock-ribbed conservative as they come, and a straight shooter in the very definition of the word, is only the icing on the cake. Though that's mighty fine icing.

SO IS CORRUPT HARRY REID!  HARRY REID IS LDS, & INCREDIBLY VILE. DEMON-RAT.  REVIEW JOURNAL DID AN article on him & his corruptness & his son Rory.  Also, on JUDICIAL WATCH corrupt list, for his "land deals".  I was trying to get some links, but it threw me off this site. How about your buddy, is just not informed , or LYING!  Not unheard of, in the LDS RELIGION. Since you know nothing, why comment?

So what? You paint an entire people with Reid and Romney? That's just moronic. I can do much the same with any religion, and every secular organization.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 12:09:19 am by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

What you know, could fit in a thimble.  You ATTACK my competency.  You think, I don't know what fundamentalists are?   Are you all children on here? Very YOUNG?  Posting in condescension to me, will be met with a SNAP!   ****slapping

*YAWN*

Offline Axeslinger

@LegalAmerican

So you’ve been here about three weeks, virtually the only posts you have are lambasting a single religion coupled with you screaming like an absolute batshit crazy psycho at EVERYONE who engages you.   And you expect us to take you seriously?  How about this?  Take your meds and then find a new forum where people enjoy being screamed at by lunatics... because this ain’t it.  I, too, am done with your insanity.

Don’t bother replying, I’ve had better conversations with my two year old granddaughter.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
With all due respect,  @LegalAmerican , try cutting the pills in half.

...hmm...I was thinking that perhaps the meds needed to be increased.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No... I explained up thread that there are MANY Conservative Mormons here, where I live. And I had said that I have worked alongside Mormons in political and charitable endeavors, and have debated (amicably) with them over and over. Many have sat on my porch and drank my tea (figuratively, at least). They are as good and conservative a people as any, and way more conservative as a people than most.

That I also happen to know @Bigun  lo, these many, many years, and know him to be as rock-ribbed conservative as they come, and a straight shooter in the very definition of the word, is only the icing on the cake. Though that's mighty fine icing.

So what? You paint an entire people with Reid and Romney? That's just moronic. I can do much the same with any religion, and every secular organization.

888high58888  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican

You are a blatant liar and as far as I'm concerned you can vacate the premises. I personally want nothing else to do with you.

That is one thing, you can NEVER say about me. I have my faults, but lying is not one of them.  I copied information, on sites,,telling the truth about LDS people , but you call ME,, a liar?  I proved you wrong.  Everything, I said was the truth.  then proved it out.  SAD.  Not bashing what you believe in, the theology , I am ADDING to that belief system.  GIVING YOU THE CORRECT INFORMATION.

You may call the LINKS, JOURNALISTS, LDS. ORG,,,liars,,but not me. 

Offline LegalAmerican

888high58888  :beer:

Are you all a little drunk? Who says, I am painting everybody the same?  You all, are doing that.  I give some information, & most of you LEAP,,RUN. to that conclusion. I gave some examples, of LDS people who are NOT conservative, but liberal. I feel, like I am in the twilight zone.  How does giving an example ,,make all LDS the same ?  People are people all over.  I am not the problem here, you are all making up things in your minds, that I never said.

Oh, one is to avoid the appearance of impropriety,  so clanging together BEER STEINS, is against the WORD OF WISDOM.

Offline Axeslinger

@LegalAmerican

Oh for Pete’s sake, shut the hell up and go haunt somewhere else.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

@LegalAmerican welcome back and I mean that sincerely. 
   We have members here of every Religious Persuasion and those with none of the above.  We have all lived in harmony because the Owner doesn't generally tolerate those types of discussions here (except late at night on an otherwise dead thread between the few here that can handle it without going all bezerk). 
   I do like your spirit Girl and know that with your already displayed intellect you would be an asset here.   
  Get to know US, we're not all a bunch of kids or idiots.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline montanajoe

@LegalAmerican

Geez...that name and screed sounds familiar from another time and place...what was it again...Black Female Army Captain Sargent or something like that... :whistle:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

That is one thing, you can NEVER say about me. I have my faults, but lying is not one of them.  I copied information, on sites,,telling the truth about LDS people , but you call ME,, a liar?  I proved you wrong.  Everything, I said was the truth.  then proved it out.  SAD.  Not bashing what you believe in, the theology , I am ADDING to that belief system.  GIVING YOU THE CORRECT INFORMATION.

You may call the LINKS, JOURNALISTS, LDS. ORG,,,liars,,but not me.

You're lying about "LDS people"...especially when you limp them all together....just like you lie about calling all of us on TBR leftists.

That kind of hatred of Mormon's and rampant bigotry towards the LDS church was popular at FR in 2012 and did a lot to drive off a good number of excellent posters and the place has gone down hill ever since and all that's left for the most part is...

...posters like you.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:17:18 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You're lying about "LDS people"...especially when you limp them all together....just like you lie about calling all of us on TBR leftists.

That kind of hatred of Mormon's and rampant bigotry towards the LDS church was popular at FR in 2012 and did a lot to drive off a good number of excellent posters and the place has gone down hill ever since and all that's left for the most part is...

...posters like you.

:hands: :hands:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LadyLiberty

SalenaZito
‏
Verified account

@SalenaZito
Follow Follow @SalenaZito
More
My dear friend @JusticeWillett lost his mother this morning He says “Hers was a life well lived, and a life everlasting well earned. Her 87 years of surpassing love and heroic sacrifice are worth celebrating—and emulating.” Prayers up for this fine lady who raised her son well

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
SalenaZito
‏
Verified account

@SalenaZito
Follow Follow @SalenaZito
More
My dear friend @JusticeWillett lost his mother this morning He says “Hers was a life well lived, and a life everlasting well earned. Her 87 years of surpassing love and heroic sacrifice are worth celebrating—and emulating.” Prayers up for this fine lady who raised her son well

:amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien