Author Topic: Trump tells officials how Putin will respond to meddling question  (Read 317 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Helsinki, Finland (CNN) President Donald Trump plans to raise the issue of election meddling in his summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, but he told officials during his UK visit that he already knows Putin will again deny interference in the 2016 election -- and doesn't expect much progress, according to a source familiar with the discussion.

Trump signaled as much at a joint news conference Friday with British Prime Minister Theresa May.
"I will absolutely bring that up. I don't think you'll have any, 'Gee, I did it. I did it. You got me.' There won't be a Perry Mason here, I don't think, but you never know what happens, right? But I will absolutely, firmly ask the question," Trump said. "And hopefully, we'll have a very good relationship with Russia."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/15/politics/trump-putin-summit-helsinki/index.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump tells officials how Putin will respond to meddling question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 02:33:06 pm »
"The proliferation is a tremendous -- I mean, to me, it's the biggest problem in the world, nuclear weapons. Biggest problem in the world," Trump said on Friday. "So, we could do something to substantially reduce them -- I mean, ideally get rid of them. It's -- maybe that's a dream."

We know he’ll lie about something we’ve nailed them doing, but we’ll trust him to abide by new agreements on arms.    *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.