Author Topic: The Donald Does Europe  (Read 395 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Donald Does Europe
« on: July 15, 2018, 02:14:17 pm »
The Donald Does Europe
American Thinker, Jul 15, 2018, Clarice Feldman

<snip>

The frank talk about the absurdity of the Cold War strategy is nothing new – since 1988, people as disparate as Patricia Shroeder and Richard Perle have been making it. Nevertheless, the president's critics would like to pretend that the policy isn't nuts even apart from the non-payments of pledged amounts into NATO, the Russian gas pipeline, and the disastrous state of the militaries of these allies.  They ignore, among other things, our NATO allies' deals with Iran.  . . . ***

Lots more:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/the_donald_does_europe.html
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:01:01 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: The Donald Does Europe
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 02:15:50 pm »
For them, it's fine for the special counsel to waste time and money by indicting foreign nationals, over whom he lacks jurisdiction, for hacking unsecured communications made in violation of national security regulations, while he's never going after the perpetrators here, including Hillary Clinton, who made such hacking possible and likely.

There's a lot in this one sentence .... all true.

Offline aligncare

Re: The Donald Does Europe
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 03:09:26 pm »
There’s pure gold in Clarice Feldman’s words here. Nearly three decades into the 21st century and our foreign policy is still stuck in 1949. The world’s political topography is vastly different now with unique sets of circumstances that should require a shift in foreign policy.

President’s before him gave it lip service but President Trump more than talked, he’s acted. Trump does bold before most people sit down to breakfast.

Whomever we credit for saying it first, economists John Maynard Keynes or Paul Samuelson, I agree: “When events change, I change my mind. What do you do?”