Author Topic: Trump, May pledge cooperation on trade after explosive interview  (Read 712 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
President Trump and British Prime Minister Theresa May pledged full cooperation on trade and other issues Friday, easing tensions following Trump’s explosive interview in which he criticized her handling of 'Brexit' and called into question a U.S.-U.K. trade deal.

In a joint press conference outside London, the two leaders touted the relationship between their countries and a commitment to work together on issues of national security, terrorism, border security and trade.

Despite his interview with The Sun, Trump said he supported whatever decision May comes to regarding Brexit, Britain's departure from the European Union. 

“Once the Brexit process is concluded—and perhaps the U.K. has left the EU, I don’t know, whatever you’re going to do is okay with us,” Trump said. “Just make sure we can trade together. That’s all that matters.”

Both leaders said their countries would work out a trade deal.

“We will do a trade deal with them and with others around the world,” May said. She said she and Trump came up with an “ambitious deal that works for both countries,” that would build on the U.K.’s independent trade policy.

Trump thanked May for “pursuing fair and reciprocal trade” with the U.S.

Trump also sought to ease tensions over his interview comments, saying he “didn’t criticize the prime minister” and suggesting the article left out the “tremendous things” he said about May. He said his aides have a tape of that interview, suggesting it could be released. 

Standing next to May, he called her an "incredible woman" and "tough negotiator" who is doing a "fantastic job." 

Trump later called their relationship "the highest level of special" and added, "I would much rather have her as my friend than as my enemy, that I can tell you." 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/13/trump-may-face-press-after-explosive-interview.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump, May pledge cooperation on trade after explosive interview
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 02:46:18 pm »
Familiar pattern - ominous talk leading up to negotiations, hysterical apocalyptical reaction from MSM, concessions made and received, happy talk and pledges of mutual cooperation, charges of Trump duplicitousness from MSM.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 02:56:21 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 02:57:57 pm »
Familiar pattern - ominous talk leading up to negotiations, hysterical apocalyptical reaction from MSM, concessions made and received, happy talk and pledges of mutual cooperation, charges of Trump duplicitousness from MSM.

And, it seems to be pretty effective.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:04:05 pm »
"I said tremendous things. Fortunately, we tend to record stories now so we have it for your enjoyment if you would like it. We record when we deal with reporters. It's called fake news and we solve a lot of problems with the good old reporting instrument," Trump said.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-calls-own-interview-fake-news-slams-cultural-140908146--abc-news-topstories.html

Then release it.  I’d think he’d be anxious to embarrass the press.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 05:18:54 pm »
Turning a general election into another Brexit referendum was bound to erode the Conservative majority.  May's decision was such a disaster, one has to wonder if it was a deliberate act of sabotage.

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 07:57:12 pm »

Chris Higgins
@chigworld

The #ABBA reunion has been a terrible disappointment.#Trumpvisit @theresa_may @realDonaldTrump

4:43 PM - Jul 12, 2018

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 08:30:56 pm »

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 10:28:36 pm »

Chris Higgins
@chigworld

The #ABBA reunion has been a terrible disappointment.#Trumpvisit @theresa_may @realDonaldTrump

4:43 PM - Jul 12, 2018

Hilarious!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 11:57:27 pm »
Lock horns, bluster, snort.

Talk money. All better. Kiss and make up.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 10:37:59 pm »
After Trump first said the White House had a tape of the interview that could be provided to reporters, Yahoo News emailed his press shop to ask for the recording. The White House did not provide the tape and instead sent a statement from press secretary Sarah Sanders saying that Trump deeply appreciates May. The statement cited some of Trump’s more positive comments that were included in the Sun’s interview.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-promises-release-recording-proves-victim-fake-news-white-house-wont-provide-tape-155256903.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 10:41:43 pm »
Last year all the derangement sufferers were going on about how Donny would never be allowed on Turd Island, otherwise known as Britain, because he was a vulgarian. Seems to me he is doing just fine over there.