Author Topic: 5 Hardest Foods to Digest  (Read 591 times)

rangerrebew

5 Hardest Foods to Digest
« on: July 13, 2018, 12:20:12 pm »
 5 Hardest Foods to Digest

Susan McQuillan and Seth Czarnecki
Reviewed by QualityHealth's Medical Advisory Board

Indigestion by any other name—gas, bellyache, heartburn, upset stomach, bloating—is still indigestion, or the inability to digest food properly. Whatever you call it, a digestive problem can be inconvenient at best, and often downright painful.

Digestive disorders can be caused by a variety of underlying medical conditions, such as gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), when stomach acid flows backward, and up into the esophagus (the tube that connects the throat to the stomach); gastritis, when the stomach lining is inflamed; or irritable bowel, when food does not pass through the digestive tract at a normal rate. If indigestion is chronic, speak with a doctor or dietitian to assess the problem. You may have to avoid certain foods altogether when your condition flares up.

https://www.qualityhealth.com/eating-nutrition-articles/5-hardest-foods-digest

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 5 Hardest Foods to Digest
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:42:05 pm »
1. Red Meat
2. Legumes (Beans, Lentils and Split Peas)
3. Cruciferous Vegetables
4. Coffee and Other Caffeinated Foods and Beverages
5. Milk and Dairy Products

Offline KittenClaws

• Normalcy Bias? I like to think I don't have it.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 12:16:37 am »
1. Red Meat
2. Legumes (Beans, Lentils and Split Peas)
3. Cruciferous Vegetables
4. Coffee and Other Caffeinated Foods and Beverages
5. Milk and Dairy Products

What else is there, kale and tofu?

Making what's bad for you worth it:

1. Red meat
Butter, sear good rib eye steaks with butter and a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic.

Butter again. a butter burger, mix good herbs like parsley and Italian herbs with soft butter cool and slice, place in the center of 80/20 beef , make some patties and throw on the grill.

2. Legumes
Put a bag of pintos in the crock pot with good hamhocks, when done, serve with fried taters and salad with hot bacon drippings and green onions.

3. Crucifers us vegetables
Pull the core from a head of cabbage, fill the hole with a mixture of soft butter, smoke seasoning, Worcester sauce and garlic, wrap in foil, throw on the grill for an hour plus, turning on occasion.

4 coffee - other caffeinated stuff
Fresh ground coffe beans is the key to a good cup of coffee, I got nothing else on this.

5. Milk and dairy

1 cup yogurt, a few TBL vinegar, some sugar and poppy seeds, great dressing.

Cream cheese, milk, Parmesan and butter, great white sauce, don't forget the garlic!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 04:51:24 am »
All foods I crave from time to time. I eat what makes me feel best. Just because other stuff makes poop faster, doesn't mean all that dietary fiber is digested (it isn't, so it passes easier).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 05:07:32 am »
#6: