Author Topic: White House orders broader access to classified information about FBI informant: officials  (Read 381 times)

Offline endicom

The Globe and Mail
Mark Mazzetti THE NEW YORK TIMES NEWS SERVICE
July 12, 2018

The White House has rebuffed concerns among U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials and ordered that more lawmakers be given access to classified information about an informant the FBI used in 2016 to investigate possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to two U.S. officials with knowledge of the decision.

Both the director of national intelligence and the director of the FBI tried to keep the classified documents tightly restricted, fearing a broader dissemination of operational reports and other sensitive material could lead to more leaks of detailed information about the role of the confidential FBI informant.

Some U.S. officials believe, in fact, the reason the White House made the decision was to provide political ammunition to U.S. President Donald Trump’s Republican allies who have argued – without any evidence – that the FBI investigation was opened in July 2016 to keep Trump from becoming president.

More... https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/us-politics/article-white-house-orders-broader-access-to-classified-information-about-fbi/

Everything other than secrets is secret.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
VERY good news!  Long overdue IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien