Author Topic: Emmett Till killing reopened by government over new information  (Read 829 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Re: Emmett Till killing reopened by government over new information
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 01:27:06 pm »
Article  uses the word killing.
 Personally I think it should say murder.

Mods, if you want to change it....

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 02:07:47 pm »
Should we reopen all murder cases going back many decades? What's the point?  The people implicated in the murder/killing are  now all dead except for the woman who says she was molested by Till. And she's in her eighties.
Again, what's the point? Just because it was the Till case?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:56:52 pm by goatprairie »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 02:22:55 pm »
Should we reopen all murder cases going back many decades? What's the point?  The people implicated in the murder/killing are  now all dead except for the woman who says she was molested by Till. And she's in ther eighties.
Again, what's the point? Just because it was the Till case?

Unless they're planning to open all of the unsolved cases of the over half million homicides in the US since 1955 the answer must be yes.

Every time that scab is about healed they rip it off again.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 03:32:33 pm »
Apparently there’s an 80 year old who’s dying who knows something and wants to meet his maker with a clean conscious. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 03:34:41 pm »
I don't have a problem with this in theory, but this will probably just be another excuse for inner cities to riot and further desultory their own quality of lives.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 05:12:20 pm »
There's no denying Till was murdered and his killers deserved to have been punished instead of getting off. But they're all dead now.  What more can be done?
If the white woman involved wants to clear her conscience, why does the case have to be reopened? She can simply call up some news organ and spill her guts.
Liberal muckrakers have been using the Emmit Till murder as an example of racist whites doing wrong to innocent blacks since  as long I've been reading the news....over fifty years. They wish to make it that this is a common thing....whites murdering innocent blacks for no good reasons.
Do they go over the many cases of white people murdered by black people over the decades? I don't think so.  That number far outstrips the numbers of blacks murdered by whites in the last fifty-sixty years.
About four hundred to five hundred white people have been murdered annually by blacks for the past fifty years. The numbers of blacks murdered by whites has been about one tenth as much or less. Probably less, because every case of a black person murdered by a white person is headline news for at least  a month i.e. George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. And Zimmerman turned out not to be white.
Do we think we'll be reading those statistics any time soon in liberal media organs? I doubt it.
I'll repeat, I'm sorry Till was murdered, and his killers should have been punished  with the death penalty.
But again, they're all dead.  Why reopen the case...unless like WTF says they want to keep picking the scab and causing trouble?

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 02:54:02 pm »
WacoTrib Jul 12, 2018

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — The Latest: Till cousin says he's talked to investigator

The Latest on the renewed investigation into the killing of Emmett Till

A potential witness in the slaying of black teenager Emmett Till says he's talked with law enforcement about the case in recent months.

Till's cousin, Wheeler Parker, said Thursday he's "pretty sure" an investigator asked him about what happened in a Mississippi store the day Till whistled at a white woman before his slaying in 1955.

Parker is 79 and the conversation occurred months ago, and he says he has a hard time remembering details. But Parker says the discussion likely occurred after the release of a book that raised questions about the Till case last year. The book says the woman acknowledged she wasn't truthful when she testified that the 14-year-old Till grabbed her.

Parker says the Justice Department hasn't told Till's family anything about the reopened investigation. He says they're waiting to get information just like everyone else.

A legal expert says it's unclear what new charges could result from a renewed investigation into the slaying of Emmett Till more than 60 years ago.

University of Mississippi law professor Tucker Carrington says conspiracy or murder charges could be filed if anyone still alive is shown to have been involved.

More: https://www.wacotrib.com/news/ap_nation/the-latest-till-cousin-says-he-s-talked-to-investigator/article_66e2259b-d746-5f19-b577-34347509f347.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 03:17:10 pm »
I believe another Emmett Till story was posted yesterday. Whatever, it's fine to post another one. I'm not sure the other one got any responses.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 03:45:43 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 03:57:21 pm »
DOJ should start investing the death of Jesus while they're at it.