Author Topic: Papa John’s founder resigns as chairman amid n-word scandal  (Read 630 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Papa John’s founder resigns as chairman amid n-word scandal
NY Post, Jul 11, 2018, Joe Tacopino

Papa John’s founder John Schnatter resigned as the company’s chairman on Wednesday night after fallout over his use of the n-word during a conference call.

The company released a statement that said the directors had accepted Schnatter’s resignation.

“Papa John’s will appoint a new Chairman in a couple of weeks,” the statement read.

Forbes reported earlier on Wednesday that Schnatter used the n-word on a conference call in May.

The call was specifically designed as a role-playing exercise to prevent future public-relations disasters.

More:  https://nypost.com/2018/07/11/papa-johns-founder-resigns-as-chairman-amid-n-word-scandal/

Offline thackney

Re: Papa John’s founder resigns as chairman amid n-word scandal
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 12:13:53 pm »
The call was specifically designed as a role-playing exercise to prevent future public-relations disasters.

Until reading that, I had thought "wow, what an idiot".  Now I wonder the context of what was said.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 12:18:33 pm »
Until reading that, I had thought "wow, what an idiot".  Now I wonder the context of what was said.

Okay, now I am back to being sure of "idiot".

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2018/07/11/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-allegedly-used-n-word-on-conference-call/#3dcbaf734cfc

...The call was arranged between Papa John’s executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was designed as a role-playing exercise for Schnatter in an effort to prevent future public-relations snafus. Schnatter caused an uproar in November 2017 when he waded into the debate over national anthem protests in the NFL and partly blamed the league for slowing sales at Papa John’s.

On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

Schnatter also reflected on his early life in Indiana, where, he said, people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died. He apparently intended for the remarks to convey his antipathy to racism, but multiple individuals on the call found them to be offensive, a source familiar with the matter said. After learning about the incident, Laundry Service owner Casey Wasserman moved to terminate the company’s contract with Papa John’s....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 12:43:02 pm »
Their pizza is not very good. I support my local mom and pop place.

Ping
@Suppressed
@Hopalong Ginsberg
🍕🍕🍕
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:44:58 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 01:17:09 pm »
This cheeses me off. Obviously he was on the sauce when he said this. Hope he has enough dough to retire.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Papa John's founder John Schnatter resigns as chairman over N-word controversy
By New York Post | Fox News

Papa John’s founder John Schnatter resigned as the company’s chairman on Wednesday night after fallout over his use of the n-word during a conference call.

The company released a statement that said the directors had accepted Schnatter’s resignation.

“Papa John’s will appoint a new Chairman in a couple of weeks,” the statement read.

Forbes reported earlier on Wednesday that Schnatter used the n-word on a conference call in May.

“Colonel Sanders called blacks n—–s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

The restaurateur had already stepped down as chief executive in January after he caused controversy by criticizing the NFL over their national anthem policy.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/07/11/papa-johns-founder-john-schnatter-resigns-as-chairman-over-n-word-controversy.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

A white person saying the N-word is the worst possible crime you can commit in America today.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 02:52:42 pm »
Topics merged, no anchovies.