Author Topic: Parkland students sue Broward County sheriff, school resource officer in federal court  (Read 508 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Parkland students sue Broward County sheriff, school resource officer in federal court
by Melissa Quinn
 | July 11, 2018 06:50 PM

A group of students of the Parkland, Fla., high school where a gunman killed 17 people is suing Broward County law enforcement and local officials, arguing their failure to stop the shooter and safeguard the school violated their constitutional rights.

The lawsuit was filed in federal court Wednesday by 15 students on behalf of their parents and names as defendants Broward Sheriff Scott Israel, Broward County Public Schools superintendent Robert Runcie, and retired Broward Court deputy Scot Peterson, a school resource officer who was on campus the day of the shooting, among others.

The students were all in attendance at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14 when the suspected shooter, Nikolas Cruz, opened fire. According to court filings, the students suffered “severe phycological injury and trauma.”

The lawsuit accuses Broward County officials of acting with “extreme deliberate indifference to” the students’ constitutional rights “by knowingly failing to engage with a recognized threat and intentionally evading his duties to protect the students and staff of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/parkland-students-sue-broward-county-sheriff-school-resource-officer-in-federal-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hasn't it already been ajudicated that the police have no duty to protect anyone?