Author Topic: Senate sends Trump a warning shot on tariffs  (Read 2156 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Senate sends Trump a warning shot on tariffs
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 03:28:07 pm »

Maybe you are, but I've had it to my eye teeth, sick to my guts for Decades of Not being able to buy Christmas presents for my nephew and niece that weren't made in a Communist, Totalitarian S$$thole because they and their poorly made junk forced American made goods off the shelves.

I do not want to ever, Ever, see Anything in Any store ever again with Made In China on it.

Nothing.

Then the fix to that isn't tariffs.

What needs to be done is to repeal the permanent Most Favored Nation Trading Status from China.

Before Clinton gave the ChiComs that permanent status in favor for campaign cash (John Huang...Charlie Trie...Hutchinson Wampoa)...it was granted to them on a either year to year or every two year status and China had to show good faith efforts in areas like human rights...economic reforms etc etc. before we would agree to allowing their imports to come in.

Since Clinton gave them that permanent status...the flood of cheap and low quality and sometimes poisonous products have flooded the market.

Tariffs won't stop that...but revoking or revising the trade status will.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2018, 03:39:59 pm »

Maybe you are, but I've had it to my eye teeth, sick to my guts for Decades of Not being able to buy Christmas presents for my nephew and niece that weren't made in a Communist, Totalitarian S$$thole because they and their poorly made junk forced American made goods off the shelves.

I do not want to ever, Ever, see Anything in Any store ever again with Made In China on it.

Nothing.

How is forcing consumers to pay extra a Conservative value? Why should I pay more to keep an American factory open?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2018, 03:42:08 pm »
I guess conservatism now does mean taxing ourselves to prosperity.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 03:46:45 pm »
Wiffle bats and balls have been made in Shelton Connecticut since I've been born and even longer AFAIK.

:shrug:

Most consumers don't care. They want value for price.

Value for Price?

The crap about "Cheap" Imported Goods wore out over 25 years ago.

They ain't Cheap if there's no Value in them to start with.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 03:49:07 pm »

How is forcing consumers to pay extra a Conservative value? Why should I pay more to keep an American factory open?

OK Fine. Then you get Congress to OWN a controlling interest in American factories and use tax monies to Keep the Doors open so they can export to China at prices Below the actual cost of production.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 03:58:07 pm »
OK Fine. Then you get Congress to OWN a controlling interest in American factories and use tax monies to Keep the Doors open so they can export to China at prices Below the actual cost of production.

Then we devolve into Communism like the Chinese at that point.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2018, 04:15:02 pm »
Then the fix to that isn't tariffs.

What needs to be done is to repeal the permanent Most Favored Nation Trading Status from China.

Before Clinton gave the ChiComs that permanent status in favor for campaign cash (John Huang...Charlie Trie...Hutchinson Wampoa)...it was granted to them on a either year to year or every two year status and China had to show good faith efforts in areas like human rights...economic reforms etc etc. before we would agree to allowing their imports to come in.

Since Clinton gave them that permanent status...the flood of cheap and low quality and sometimes poisonous products have flooded the market.

Tariffs won't stop that...but revoking or revising the trade status will.

What needs to be done is to get our own house in order buy replacing the current Marxist income tax code, which puts everything produced in this country at a competitive disadvantage internationally, with a tax code that does not do that.  There is currently a bill (HR25) residing in the House Ways and Means Committee that would do exactly that!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:15:42 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 04:27:56 pm »

So basically you support Central planning. I support the invisible hand.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2018, 08:24:34 pm »

So basically you support Central planning. I support the invisible hand.

No. What you support is gibberish because you MISSED the SARCASM in my reply.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2018, 08:27:30 pm »
Then we devolve into Communism like the Chinese at that point.

My point exactly, except we're already unofficially there, just at a lower percentage of it than China is.

It ALL has to Stop.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2018, 09:43:45 pm »
My point exactly, except we're already unofficially there, just at a lower percentage of it than China is.

It ALL has to Stop.

So basically you want to limit on what the American Consumer should purchase then?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 11:44:32 pm »
Supporting the ChiCom assymetric war abainst the free world by funding it Should be prosecuted as an act of Treason.

Chinese Banks are also owned by the ChiCom Party. They pay other Govt owned busnisses Govt Money rewards, like frequent flyer miles, to take out loans to expand the business.

But you're OK with that crap undercutting US businesses because You end up with a cheaper product.

Same argument as Slavery here was Good because we got cheaper labor out of it.