Author Topic: Trump: Europe is 'losing its culture' because of immigration  (Read 863 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/396803-trump-europe-is-losing-its-culture-because-of-immigration

Trump: Europe is 'losing its culture' because of immigration
12th July 2018
MAX GREENWOOD

President Trump is railing against what he described as the migration of "millions and millions of people" into Europe, declaring that the continent is "losing its culture" to refugees and asylum seekers from the Middle East and Africa.

In an interview with the British tabloid The Sun published Thursday, Trump said that it is a "shame" that European leaders had allowed so many migrants to enter their countries' borders.

“Allowing the immigration to take place in Europe is a shame," the U.S. president told the tabloid, which his owned by conservative media mogul Rupert Murdoch.

"I think it changed the fabric of Europe and, unless you act very quickly, it’s never going to be what it was and I don’t mean that in a positive way," he continued.

Trump's publicized comments came shortly after he arrived in the U.K. for a long-awaited trip on the heels of a tense set of meetings at the annual NATO summit in Brussels, where he delivered a blistering criticism of European allies and demanded that member nations pay more for defense.

The president's comments during his interview with The Sun, however, highlighted Trump's deeply held skepticism of immigration and resurfaced a line of attack that he had used often on the campaign trail – that Europe was being overrun by non-Europeans and was quickly becoming a shell of what it once was.

"I think you are losing your culture," he told the tabloid. "Look around. You go through certain areas that didn’t exist ten or 15 years ago."

More at URL above...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump: Europe is 'losing its culture' because of immigration
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 04:32:07 am »
Bravo!

What other president would have said as much?
Which of the other 2016 "Republican" candidates would have said the same?
C'mon....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 04:33:49 am »
I don't know. The Germans have always been into raping and pillaging.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 04:39:58 am »
Yes, it is for them to contemplate, and also for us. California drastically changed. The whole US could but as of now, hasn't.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 04:48:09 am »
Yes, it is for them to contemplate, and also for us. California drastically changed. The whole US could but as of now, hasn't.
Better rethink that, Texas is on a runaway right now, the number one vacation destination for Mexico and Central America.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 05:34:48 pm »
Better rethink that, Texas is on a runaway right now, the number one vacation destination for Mexico and Central America.

Actually Amigo, I'm sorry if this rubbed anyone the wrong way, maybe from now on, the example I will use is Colorado, since, it has basically changed from being a very red state as well.... and potentially, with its great growth right now, Idaho could change.  And my homestate, New Mexico has as well. Change can be good but we must be careful on what the face of diversification is.

@GtHawk

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 05:41:33 pm »
Bravo!

What other president would have said as much?
Which of the other 2016 "Republican" candidates would have said the same?
C'mon....

Comments not too much different from this will earn the average European a visit from the local authorities and maybe even a date with a magistrate.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 05:47:25 pm »
All cultures and countries are not equal.  That is inarguable.  There are some countries, very few as it turns out, that offer a superior lifestyle, and a not-so-few-countries/regions that are horrible places to live.  Those countries/regions that are horrible places to live (henceforth: HPTL), for the most part have been HPTL for generations, and in some cases, eons.  People who live in those countries/regions are a part of the culture that created the conditions that make it a HPTL.  To expect that these people will emigrate elsewhere and suddenly and fully change themselves to accommodate the new environment in which they find themselves is unlikely at best.  The United States has been somewhat successful in absorbing and assimilating these people into an American culture.  I say somewhat, because the bigger waves of immigration have subtly, but decidedly changed the American character.  I'm not sure the Founding Fathers would have much in common with most of us today.  It defies sense to think that bringing in large numbers of people from failed cultures will NOT change the host culture.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 07:20:20 pm »
Europe’s culture has changed a number of times over history by Romans, barbarian tribes, Mongols, Islam, Catholicism, Protestants, Communism, etc...
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 07:25:23 pm »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 07:26:40 pm »
I would distinguish  Western Europe from Central Europe.  Countries like Poland and Hungary are saying "No" to this.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 07:41:41 pm »
Europe’s culture has changed a number of times over history by Romans, barbarian tribes, Mongols, Islam, Catholicism, Protestants, Communism, etc...

Since America's founding, Europe was White Anglo-Saxon with a dash of Mediterranean.  Christian.

Europe is definitely losing their culture.  Pres. Trump is correct.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 07:47:30 pm »
Since America's founding, Europe was White Anglo-Saxon with a dash of Mediterranean.  Christian.

Europe is definitely losing their culture.  Pres. Trump is correct.

Since America’s founding, they’ve fought a number of intra-cultural wars, two of which we had to settle through direct intervention and great cost.  So, let’s not pretend it’s been all peaches and cream.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.