Author Topic: New study provides guidelines for more effective waste management  (Read 461 times)

rangerrebew

New study provides guidelines for more effective waste management
July 11, 2018 by Russell Dickerson, Colorado State University

With possible issues rising from the combination of liquid and solid waste in landfills, a new study by Colorado State University researchers could lead to more effective landfill-based management of varied waste streams.

"Landfills are always a tough topic to talk about," said Chris Bareither, assistant professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and one of the study's principal investigators. "But waste will never go away, it's our society's problem." Along with Bareither, the team includes civil and environmental associate professor Sybil Sharvelle as co-principal investigator, and two graduate students, Emily Cook and Sajjad Karimi.

The goal of the study is to deliver a set of guidelines to the waste management industry, providing landfill owners a baseline of the potential effects of co-disposing different waste types.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-07-guidelines-effective.html#jCp

Offline Suppressed

Re: New study provides guidelines for more effective waste management
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 04:14:38 pm »
It will be interesting to see what their results are.  I worked on test cells 20+ years ago, where a comparison between wet and dry cells was made.  Amazing how fresh things were when the dry cell was opened up. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn