Author Topic: Los Angeles Times: If ICE is going to lock up immigration violators, it needs to do so in safe and c  (Read 280 times)

rangerrebew

Los Angeles Times: If ICE is going to lock up immigration violators, it needs to do so in safe and clean facilities
PUBLISHED: MONDAY, JULY 9, 2018 AT 5:15 AM

Protest groups ralliy June 30 along downtown Miami streets against the immigration policies of President Donald Trump’s administration.

The following editorial appeared in the Los Angeles Times on July 3:

LOS ANGELES (Tribune News Service) — Advocates for undocumented immigrants have complained for years about the conditions in which people are kept in detention as they await deportation hearings.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/opinion/los-angeles-times-if-ice-is-going-to-lock-up-immigration-violators-it-needs-to-do-so-in-safe-and-clean-facilities-20180709

A decade ago the government settled one lawsuit by agreeing, in part, to no longer keep families at a detention center in Texas in their cells for 12 hours a day, and to install curtains around in-cell toilets and improve medical care, educational materials and the nutritional content of food for minors.

rangerrebew

Safe and clean facilities like they have in Mejico? :whistle:

Offline Victoria33

A few days ago, I read a 7 mth. old baby, held for two months, was returned to the mother and the baby had lice on his/her body (don't know if baby was male or female).  That would not have happened if the place where the baby was kept was clean and baby cleaned.

Keeping people in unclean places means they carry whatever they got in those unclean places out into the public when they get out.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Safe and clean facilities like they have in Mejico? :whistle:
I didn't know they had curtained areas in the fields and streets in Mexico? And who taught these people to use the facilities? A large proportion of the 'Hispanic' laborers I have had the misfortune to work around apparently were incapable of grasping were the soiled toilet paper was to go................or then again maybe they did and thought it was funny for us Gringos to have deal with their disgusting behavior.