Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>SCOTUS Announcement  (Read 23743 times)

Offline bilo

Re: LIVE THREAD>>>SCOTUS Announcement
« Reply #475 on: July 11, 2018, 03:17:25 am »
For the SC to allow this, wouldn't it have to change the existing federal law too?  How do you envision the SC accomplishing this @bilo ?

By using State sovereignty as enumerated in the constitution.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #476 on: July 11, 2018, 03:22:21 am »
I appreciate your honesty @bilo   But let's get the terminology correct.  You want the court packed with politically conservative judicial activists.  This is not the same as wanting strict judicial constitutionalists.

If that's what it takes to undo all the made up laws and protection of unconstitutional laws (obamacare is just one example) I'm all for it.

Conservatives always want to "play by the rules" or "take the high road". The problem is we are fighting an enemy who means to destroy the republic and enslave us. We didn't win the civil war by playing by the rules. We wrote the rules after we won.

If you don't think I'm accurately describing our enemy just look at the brown shirts in the streets harassing conservatives.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:24:12 am by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #477 on: July 11, 2018, 03:25:05 am »
We didn't win the civil war by playing by the rules. We wrote the rules after we won.

Kinda been hoisted on that 14th Amendment petard a few times, though.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #478 on: July 11, 2018, 03:26:31 am »
By using State sovereignty as enumerated in the constitution.

You might find this interesting @bilo

The plan to overturn Roe v. Wade at the Supreme Court is already in motion
CNN, Jun 29, 2018

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/29/politics/abortion-roe-v-wade-supreme-court/index.html

The video includes an interview with Sen. Collins. and Pence

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #479 on: July 11, 2018, 03:28:19 am »
If that's what it takes to undo all the made up laws and protection of unconstitutional laws (obamacare is just one example) I'm all for it.

Conservatives always want to "play by the rules" or "take the high road". The problem is we are fighting an enemy who means to destroy the republic and enslave us. We didn't win the civil war by playing by the rules. We wrote the rules after we won.

If you don't think I'm accurately describing our enemy just look at the brown shirts in the streets harassing conservatives.

Tough to argue with your reasoning .... but let's not say we want strict constitutionalists.  Let's call it our turn at the activist bench.   :shrug: