Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>SCOTUS Announcement  (Read 23864 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: LIVE THREAD>>>SCOTUS Announcement
« Reply #425 on: July 10, 2018, 08:19:52 pm »
??? IF Kavanaugh is seated and IF he rules according to the Constitution, I will have no problem.  Unfortunately his past speaks volumes.  Ruling aligned with the Constitution usually leans towards conservatism and ruling outside those parameters usually leans towards liberalism. 

A justice's duty is not to rewrite law but to rule whether the law is Constitutional.

Exactly!!!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline corbe

« Reply #426 on: July 10, 2018, 08:20:51 pm »
   Another wasted opportunity, but anything short of Lee or Barrett was gonna be a disappointment for me. 
   I'll give Kavanaugh the same benefit of the doubt I give Gorsuch, we'll know in a couple of years how this is gonna turn out.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #427 on: July 10, 2018, 08:21:49 pm »
A justice's duty is not to rewrite law but to rule whether the law is Constitutional.

He knows this, probably better than any one of us.  As Jay Sekulow said this morning about Kavanaugh:  "He understands the role of the judge". 

Exhale @libertybele .

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #428 on: July 10, 2018, 08:24:02 pm »
   Another wasted opportunity, but anything short of Lee or Barrett was gonna be a disappointment for me. 
   I'll give Kavanaugh the same benefit of the doubt I give Gorsuch, we'll know in a couple of years how this is gonna turn out.

All we can do at this point is hope for the best.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #429 on: July 10, 2018, 08:24:58 pm »

Wow! Quite a surprise @corbe , you are critical of the nomination appointee by Trump.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:26:35 pm by TomSea »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #430 on: July 10, 2018, 08:27:24 pm »
It really is PHUNNY watching some people hyperventilate over this choice!

It truly is!  And kind of sickening at the same time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #431 on: July 10, 2018, 08:27:46 pm »
He knows this, probably better than any one of us.  As Jay Sekulow said this morning about Kavanaugh:  "He understands the role of the judge". 

Exhale @libertybele .

His past 'interpretations' are what I am judging him on.  IMHO he clerked for Kennedy and he will be just as moderate or even more liberal. 

I have exhaled RIV and realize Trump blew this one.  You might try actually inhaling before you exhale.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #432 on: July 10, 2018, 08:30:15 pm »
   No @TomSea I'm not 'critical' of the Presidents nomination just a little disappointed.
   Would any of us here be wondering if Justice Lee was gonna go swing on us?

Yes, I noticed by lover (Cruz) now likes Kavanaugh, proving once again that he can be a political animal, if necessary, 2 days ago he was pooping on the guy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #433 on: July 10, 2018, 08:34:28 pm »
   No @TomSea I'm not 'critical' of the Presidents nomination just a little disappointed.

Yes, I noticed by lover (Cruz) now likes Kavanaugh, proving once again that he can be a political animal, if necessary, 2 days ago he was pooping on the guy.

I noticed that as well.  I find Cruz's change of heart troubling on this; especially since he's been so passionate in the past about ensuring and voicing that we need to have conservative justices on the SCOTUS. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #434 on: July 10, 2018, 08:38:14 pm »
   NO doubt a President Cruz would have picked Sen. Lee. 
   I'm still pizzed at @TomSea for giving my contact info to Beto's Senate Campaign, they're worse than JimRob.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #435 on: July 10, 2018, 08:39:18 pm »
It really is PHUNNY watching some people hyperventilate over this choice!

It truly is!  And kind of sickening at the same time.

The one, single issue that I had hopes that Trump would do; placing conservatives on the bench, just may have been squashed.  To me not the least funny. Yes, the thought of a possible moderate liberal on the bench for decades (longer than I'll probably be alive) is sickening.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #436 on: July 10, 2018, 08:41:47 pm »
The one, single issue that I had hopes that Trump would do; placing conservatives on the bench, just may have been squashed.  To me not the least funny. Yes, the thought of a possible moderate liberal on the bench for decades (longer than I'll probably be alive) is sickening.

Take my word for it; This guy is PLENTY conservative!  If you don't believe me just ask Chuck you Shumer or Dianne Feinsteen!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #437 on: July 10, 2018, 08:43:15 pm »
   Cruz didn't have to promise anyone he would appoint only Strict Constitutionalist, we just took it for granted.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #438 on: July 10, 2018, 08:44:19 pm »
Take my word for it; This guy is PLENTY conservative!  If you don't believe me just ask Chuck you Shumer or Dianne Feinsteen!

I will take you at your word. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #439 on: July 10, 2018, 08:49:50 pm »
   Cruz didn't have to promise anyone he would appoint only Strict Constitutionalist, we just took it for granted.

Input in the Bush administration and their nominees? Huh? What are examples of his great constitutional prowess?  He says he only defended anything as a matter of fact because he was an employee of the state of Texas, it seems he also defended Obamacare in private practice. Make it up as you go?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #440 on: July 10, 2018, 08:51:32 pm »

Links?  @corbe

As a matter of fact, Senators running this November may not need the extra baggage of a controversial appointment. And it's not a sure thing, Kav will pass through, probably though.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #441 on: July 10, 2018, 09:02:34 pm »
This renews my reservations about Kavanaugh.

I think the good news is if he doesn't get confirmed after the mid terms the Pubs should have increased their majority and maybe the next nominee will have less of the Bush taint on them.

Same here.  If McCain likes him, this maybe not be what we want.

I trust McCain.....ZERO
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #442 on: July 10, 2018, 09:04:38 pm »

I'm still pizzed at @TomSea for giving my contact info to Beto's Senate Campaign, they're worse than JimRob.

I am assuming that is a joke, right?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #443 on: July 10, 2018, 09:06:17 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia   Why are we still surprised at the mindsets of some people here?   ...

I don't think it's just here @Emjay  I think there's a group of conservatives who have been waiting for the avenging activist judge to undo all the liberal damage in a single ruling.   :laugh:

I am only half kidding.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:07:15 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #444 on: July 10, 2018, 09:13:08 pm »

@libertybele  , but your complaints are not holding up. If your legitimate criticisms were gravy, there wouldn't be enough to cover a chicken fried steak. And actually, the ones who are complaining, oddly find themselves on the same side of the fence as your Feinsteins and Warrens. But I'm sure, we all find ourselves there every so often. So, I don't mean that as any kind of slight.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #445 on: July 10, 2018, 09:13:53 pm »
It is mind boggling how terrible the GOP is at picking Supreme Court justices.  Since Eisenhower, 19 of 27 justices were sworn in during Republican administrations.  That includes two of eight Democrat nominees who resigned after 3 years. 
Five of the seven Roe vs Wade majority were nominated by Republicans. 
The pluarlity that formed the heart of Planned Parenthood vs. Casey - all Republicans. 
Who can forget when Dubya tried to put Harriet Myers on the court instead of Samuel Alito ... at a time when there were 55 Republican senators.  Think the recent spate of 5-4 decisions would have gone the same way?
The establishment DOES NOT want a constitutionalist on the bench.  You'll have to forgive us for questioning their latest protege.

Offline corbe

« Reply #446 on: July 10, 2018, 09:15:07 pm »
I am assuming that is a joke, right?

Yes, @catfish1957 It was probably my GF that gave them my number and email, I just blame Tom for everything, he's usually a good sport about it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #447 on: July 10, 2018, 09:24:09 pm »
Wow! Quite a surprise @corbe , you are critical of the nomination appointee by Trump.

The real surprise is that you aren't.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #448 on: July 10, 2018, 09:36:11 pm »

Those two would oppose God himself if Trump nominated him to the Supreme Court.

He has problems with religious Liberty and he takes the same stance on Obamacare that Roberts did almost word for word.

A lot of us are tired of the runaway power of the Judicial...where every June 5 lawyers in black robs will decide what is a freedom and what isn't for the American people.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #449 on: July 10, 2018, 09:42:23 pm »
I trust McCain.....ZERO

You are being way too kind. I am somewhere around a negative number with at least four figures...