Author Topic: Putting Kavanaugh in perspective: The positives and the concerns  (Read 510 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Putting Kavanaugh in perspective: The positives and the concerns

Who would have thought that in 2012 we’d nominate the godfather of Obamacare to run against Obama in the presidential election? Probably the same person who would have predicted Trump would nominate the man who crafted the foundation of Roberts’ “Obamacare is a tax” premise on the lower court. Yet here we are, with Judge Brett Kavanaugh of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit as the next Supreme Court nominee. He’s undoubtedly much better than the man he is replacing, but he’s unlikely to be the Clarence Thomas we need at this juncture.

Kavanaugh was always considered the front-runner from day one by the D.C. legal elites. Mike Lee was never seriously considered. I’m all for moving Kennedy’s seat to the right, but if the legal elites in the Republican Party will do nothing to fight judicial supremacy other than “appoint good judges,” shouldn’t we find the best?............

Here are several concerns that conservatives should research thoroughly throughout the confirmation process and Kavanaugh’s meetings with senators:

**Obamacare regulation as a tax

**Endless standing to rip God out of the public square

**Contraception as a “compelling government interest

**Immigration

---- more ----

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/putting-kavanaugh-in-perspective-the-positives-and-the-concerns/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 01:29:25 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.