Author Topic: JetBlue crew saves French bulldog with oxygen mask during flight  (Read 472 times)

Offline Applewood

JetBlue crew saves French bulldog with oxygen mask during flight

A French bulldog was rescued on a JetBlue flight by a quick-thinking airline crew -- and the owners could not be more pleased.

On Thursday night, 3-year-old French bulldog Darcy was on a flight from Florida to Massachusetts with owners Michelle and Steven Burt when she started showing signs of distress, ABC News reported.

According to the Burts, the dog’s tongue began to turn blue and she started having difficulty breathing, which prompted the flight crew to quickly step in with an oxygen mask.

www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/07/08/jetblue-crew-saves-french-bulldog-with-oxygen-mask-during-flight.html

Unlike United, which forced a little pup into an overhead bin where it suffocated, it looks like Jet Blue cares about our four-legged companions.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: JetBlue crew saves French bulldog with oxygen mask during flight
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 07:38:06 pm »

I wonder if Frenchies flat face has anything to do with problems breathing..I have owned pugs and bulldogs and they too can have a lot of breathing problems.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 08:08:53 pm »

I wonder if Frenchies flat face has anything to do with problems breathing..I have owned pugs and bulldogs and they too can have a lot of breathing problems.

Yes, Frenchies are short nosed and the condition can lead to breathing problems.  Some cat breeds  such as Persians also have short noses which causes respiratory difficulties.

Thanks for  posting the pix. The little guy is adorable.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 03:21:09 am »
Nice to see a happy airline/animal story.
Principles matter. Words matter.