Author Topic: 406 illegal immigrants rescued then arrested in 42 tractor-trailer smuggling incidents since May  (Read 369 times)

rangerrebew

406 illegal immigrants rescued then arrested in 42 tractor-trailer smuggling incidents since May
by Anna Giaritelli
 | July 06, 2018 11:31 AM

Since the beginning of May, Border Patrol agents have uncovered more than 40 human-smuggling attempts in which more than 400 illegal immigrants were found inside tractor-trailers.

Exactly 406 people were taken into custody by federal law enforcement in 42 such incidents documented on the U.S. side of the southwest border from the beginning of May through early July.

Last weekend, 64 illegal immigrants were arrested in five such incidents, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/406-illegal-immigrants-rescued-then-arrested-in-42-tractor-trailer-smuggling-incidents-since-may

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I know this won't happen, but...

... perhaps the time is coming to seal the US/Mexico border shut.
COMPLETELY shut.
No vehicles in or out, including commercial vehicles.

The only way to move humans or cargo between the United States and Mexico should be:
1. By air;
2. By sea;
(both of these means are far easier to monitor and control than a "rubber tire" border crossing point)
3. By rail. This would involve building a "gauntlet track", say, a half-mile long with gates on either end, walls on either side, and a sealed screen top. When a cut of cars needs to move from Mexico to the US side, it will be pulled into the gauntlet, then "gone over" with ICE agents, dogs, etc. and "cleaned out". Any illegals found would be offered "the open door" -- on the "Mexico end". Once "sanitized" the Mexico doors would be closed, the US doors opened, and the train would proceed into American territory.

Again, I know this won't happen.
But if I was runnin' things, that's what I'd do.