Author Topic: BREAKING...Proposed ‘buddy dive’ plan to rescue boys in Thai cave [UPDATE: all rescued  (Read 10361 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I wonder if this is all the rescues for Today?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I wonder if this is all the rescues for Today?

I’m optimistic all will be out within 24 hours. Keep the faith.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:47:46 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Let's not forget, one diver died trying to save these boys, getting them oxygen. That would be in my mind as well.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@Freya I cannot reduce the size of your attachments..you just need to remove it
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
1.29pm update: The rescue mission for today has been suspended as four boys plus their coach remain inside the cave

Following the successful rescue of eight boys, four yesterday and four today, rescue attempts have been paused in order for divers to rest according to an eyewitness.

Four boys and their 25-year-old football coach remain inside the cave.

The four rescued today were all removed on stretchers, after an exhausting journey out of the winding cave complex.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/985978/Thailand-cave-rescue-news-Thai-trapped-boys-latest-LIVE-update

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Freya I cannot reduce the size of your attachments..you just need to remove it

She won’t remove. It’s ok. I’m sorry Myst  888oops888 88sorry88
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:13:46 pm by Freya »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Thank you @Elderberry

Those poor boys. Can you imagine the ptsd?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
1.29pm update: The rescue mission for today has been suspended as four boys plus their coach remain inside the cave

Following the successful rescue of eight boys, four yesterday and four today, rescue attempts have been paused in order for divers to rest according to an eyewitness.

Four boys and their 25-year-old football coach remain inside the cave.

The four rescued today were all removed on stretchers, after an exhausting journey out of the winding cave complex.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/985978/Thailand-cave-rescue-news-Thai-trapped-boys-latest-LIVE-update

Thank you all for the updates.

I thought the coach had already been removed?  He's still there?

Offline Applewood

That's what I thought.  Supposedly, he gave all his food and water to the boys, so he was severely dehydrated and malnourished. 

But who knows what's true?  Seems every news outlet is reporting something different. 

By the way, I read somewhere that the adult is not the coach, but rather, the coach's assistant.   He was supposedly once a novice at a monastery. 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

The coach is still in the cave with the last 4 boys.  I would assume he will be the last to come out. Like the captain of a sinking ship. The last to depart.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hopefully they've been able to get more food and water to them while they wait to be rescued.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Cave rescue: Who are the 12 boys and their coach trapped in Thailand?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44762010

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44762010

Peerapat Sompiangjai (Nickname: Night), 17

Night went missing on his birthday and his parents say they are still waiting to hold his party.

According to reports, the boys went into the cave on 23 June to celebrate Night's birthday. They were said to have brought treats and snacks along with them.

These supplies likely helped sustain the group in the many days spent trapped inside the cave.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:36:02 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Victoria33

The coach is still in the cave with the last 4 boys.  I would assume he will be the last to come out. Like the captain of a sinking ship. The last to depart.
@Sanguine
@Elderberry

I was the one who put on here that the coach was taken out because he was worse than the rest since he gave his food and water to the boys.  It was CBS news that reported that.  One would think CBS news would have it right.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
@Elderberry

I was the one who put on here that the coach was taken out because he was worse than the rest since he gave his food and water to the boys.  It was CBS news that reported that.  One would think CBS news would have it right.

Oh, OK, thanks, @Victoria33.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Sanguine
@Elderberry

Not your fault.

That's what happens when one news organization, takes at face value what is reported by another news organization.

I looked at the CBS video(on youtube) and they reported that they heard from Thai media, that the coach had been rescued.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Elderberry @Freya

On behalf of the office-bound everywhere:  Thank you! for the updates.  I know just where to go to find out what's going on.

Eight boys and now the divers rest.  Gotta keep praying the rains hold off for one more day.    :0001:

Offline endicom

@Freya @mystery-ak

I unchecked the box for attachments in post #91 in believing I could simply check it again. The attachment is now gone so I apologize if that was wrong.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@Freya @mystery-ak

I unchecked the box for attachments in post #91 in believing I could simply check it again. The attachment is now gone so I apologize if that was wrong.

Thanks...I should have done that :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Fascinating diagram of cave.   There will be no more rescues today.  The remaining four will be rescued in the morning....

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Polly Ticks

Is it the same four divers who are going in after the boys each time, or are they sending fresh divers each time they go back in to get two more boys out?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Is it the same four divers who are going in after the boys each time, or are they sending fresh divers each time they go back in to get two more boys out?

Each boy is being accompanied by two divers.

Ex-U.S. Navy SEAL explains why so many divers are involved

Dave Sear, a former U.S. Navy SEAL, joined CBSN to explain why there are 90 divers involved in the rescue mission and what kind of assistance the U.S. can offer Thailand officials.

Fifty of the rescuers are from Thailand and 40 others are from across the world. Sear said some of the divers are likely staging oxygen tanks and fixing lines of rope along the cave.

"A rope will go along the entire cave to guide them so they can find their way out of the cave. They will make sure it is in place. Then you are going to stage oxygen bottles or air bottles, depending on what they are using, along that route so that they can switch out as they go. They will have bottles there so they can refresh them, and put new bottles on.

The other divers will get them out and replace them," Sear said.

Offline Applewood

@Sanguine
@Elderberry

Not a problem @Victoria33   I too had heard that erroneous report on CBS.  This is like every other incident or tragedy.  There is also misinformation and in some cases out and out lies.  I'm going to guess that in this case there will be a lot of false reporting simply because of the language barrier.  We may not know anything for sure until -- God willing --  all of the boys and the adult are brought out alive.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Fascinating diagram of cave.   There will be no more rescues today.  The remaining four will be rescued in the morning....

So, if I'm reading that correctly, the area marked "flooded passage too narrow for scuba tanks" means they have to hold their breath and swim underwater, in tight rocks, that whole way?  Damn.

Offline Victoria33

So, if I'm reading that correctly, the area marked "flooded passage too narrow for scuba tanks" means they have to hold their breath and swim underwater, in tight rocks, that whole way?  Damn.
@Sanguine

Yes, early on,I saw a diagram of that small passageway and it goes uphill on the right side.  The person talked about that narrow passage, it is 20+ inches diameter, only large enough for a body, and you had better not be fat.