Author Topic: Trump administration details $200B in new tariffs on China  (Read 461 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump administration details $200B in new tariffs on China
« on: July 10, 2018, 11:46:17 pm »
Trump administration details $200B in new tariffs on China
by Sean Higgins
 | July 10, 2018 07:19 PM

The White House announced Tuesday the specific list of $200 billion in products from China that it plans to hit with 10 percent tariffs, on top of the previous 25 percent tariffs placed on $50 billion worth of Chinese imports.

The list of new items still has to go through administrative procedures, including a public comment period next month, and won't be finalized until late August at the earliest.

The list of products covered includes meat and agricultural products such as fish and other seafood, fruits, nuts, and tobacco, as well as leather and textiles, petroleum oil, various metals, industrial tools and mechanical components.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/economy/trump-administration-details-200b-in-new-tariffs-on-china
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump administration details $200B in new tariffs on China
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 11:52:42 pm »
Ohs Nos. How dare he do what he ran on??

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 12:43:19 am »
I once again do not like this headline.  It is journalistic malpractice.

We did not implement tariffs on China.

As denoted within the article, the tariffs are on products originating from China.

China does not have to bear the burden of tariffs, it is free to send them anywhere it likes.

However, American citizens are the ones effectively that will be bearing most of the cost of paying for these tariffs in the event this country purchases Chinese goods.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 01:13:24 am »
I once again do not like this headline.  It is journalistic malpractice.

We did not implement tariffs on China.

As denoted within the article, the tariffs are on products originating from China.

China does not have to bear the burden of tariffs, it is free to send them anywhere it likes.

However, American citizens are the ones effectively that will be bearing most of the cost of paying for these tariffs in the event this country purchases Chinese goods.

I recently bought a DIY assembly shelf from Ikea.  I purchased the model, because it was clearly labeled "Made in USA"

It is great quality, went together easily, but strong and stable, and well priced.

I will go back to Ikea in search of other such products. And I now realize that "Made in China" is NOT an unavoidable default.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln