Author Topic: Jewish Groups Condemn 'Anti-Semitic' Sainthood Candidate Backed By Pope  (Read 532 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Jewish Groups Condemn 'Anti-Semitic' Sainthood Candidate Backed By Pope

Prominent Jewish groups are condemning Pope Francis’ decision to push Poland’s top Roman Catholic priest during and after World War II further along the road to sainthood, claiming the would-be saint’s legacy is tainted by anti-Semitic views.

Pope Francis confirmed the “heroic virtues” of Cardinal August Hlond in late May, which means that he put a stamp of approval on a Vatican body’s initial review of the priest’s candidacy for sainthood. The Vatican now needs to confirm Hlond’s involvement in two miracles before the priest, who died in 1948, can become a saint.

But two leading U.S.-based Jewish organizations, the American Jewish Committee and the Simon Wiesenthal Center, have already stepped in to question Hlond’s attitude toward Polish Jews.

Read more at: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jewish-groups-sainthood-candidate-anti-semite_us_5b3e2659e4b05127ccefbcbc

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I know, we generally try to stay away from religious themes but I found this article interesting. To boot, the article appeared in the Huffington Post. I had never heard of this Cardinal, so there's a bit of history here too.

Be respectful.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Bookmark
Nice! Many Catholics say the same about the Pope.