Author Topic: Elon Musk floated a plan to free the Thai soccer team trapped in a cave, and he says SpaceX and Bori  (Read 824 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Elon Musk floated a plan to free the Thai soccer team trapped in a cave, and he says SpaceX and Boring Co. engineers are headed to Thailand
Sinéad Baker 7 hrs ago

Elon Musk on Wednesday said he would be "happy to help" the Thai soccer team stuck in a cave since June 23.
    He has now designed a plan to help save the boys, and he said engineers from his companies would travel to Thailand on Saturday.
    Rescuers are in a race against time to get the team out of the cave, as oxygen levels are falling and monsoon rains threaten to leave them trapped for months.

Continued at: https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/elon-musk-floated-a-plan-to-free-the-thai-soccer-team-trapped-in-a-cave-and-he-says-spacex-and-boring-co-engineers-are-headed-to-thailand/ar-AAzEXFU

Offline berdie

The inflatable tube is certainly an interesting concept. After seeing pictures of the inside of the cave I don't know how feasible it would be though.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
The inflatable tube is certainly an interesting concept. After seeing pictures of the inside of the cave I don't know how feasible it would be though.

Whatever device he brings, I hope it doesn't have a "Model 3" label on it. :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

Offline Suppressed

Psychologically alone, I bet it would make transit easier. But a failure would be disastrous.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

So there is a govt' money angle to this?

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Elon Musk making “kid-sized submarine” to rescue teens in Thailand cave
"Construction complete in about 8 hours," the tech billionaire tweeted Saturday.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018/07/elon-musk-making-kid-sized-submarine-to-rescue-teens-in-thailand-cave/

And this isn't just a theory: Musk says that his team is building the contraption now. "Construction complete in about 8 hours, then 17 hour flight to Thailand," Musk tweeted just before noon, California time.

4 handles/hitch points on front & 4 on rear. 2 air tank connections on front & 2 on rear, allowing 1 to 4 tanks simultaneously connected, all recessed for impact protection w secondary cap seal if leak develops.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He'll put a couple combustible Teslas in the water and boil it away.  They'll just stroll out.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Someone did something. Looks like the boys are being rescued!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Someone did something. Looks like the boys are being rescued!

Just reported:  First two boys are out of the cave @Freya !!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 12:01:30 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️