Author Topic: Trump administration to dump Obama-era rule allowing unions to siphon Medicaid money  (Read 792 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump administration to dump Obama-era rule allowing unions to siphon Medicaid money
Fox News, Jul 10, 2018, Gregg Re

The Trump administration announced Tuesday it planned to end what it suggested was an illegal Obama-era rule allowing unions to collect dues from state subsidies intended for home health workers -- including family caregivers.

Federal law generally prohibits states from skimming money from Medicaid payments bound for independent in-home personal care workers. But in 2014, the Obama administration created an exception, saying that states could divert some of that Medicaid money to unions, on the theory that these workers effectively were public-sector employees.

Eleven left-leaning states have used that provision to raise more than $200 million a year for unions by taking it from health workers who often didn't even realize it, according to top GOP officials.

Those states include California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Illinois -- a blue state which has been at the center of recent Supreme Court rulings stripping power from organized labor.

Read more:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/10/trump-administration-to-dump-obama-era-rule-allowing-unions-to-siphon-medicaid-money.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oceander

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Excellent. Little things like these add up in the big picture.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excellent. Little things like these add up in the big picture.

:amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
God move,

I assume you meant good move, @GrouchoTex or you're gonna be in big trouble.

And it is an excellent move.  It may seem small but these things add up.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline GrouchoTex

I assume you meant good move, @GrouchoTex or you're gonna be in big trouble.

And it is an excellent move.  It may seem small but these things add up.

LOL, yeah, I meant "good"  move.