Author Topic: The Deep State Finds Its Next Target  (Read 528 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

The Deep State Finds Its Next Target
« on: July 06, 2018, 10:31:12 pm »
The Deep State Finds Its Next Target
American Spectator, Jul 6, 2018, Brandon J. Weichert

<snip>

The coup’s ultimate goal is to undermine Trump in order to slow his progress in implementing the revolutionary agenda he campaigned — and won — on. As this occurs, the Deep State’s “allies” (I use that term loosely) in the Democratic Party and the media place pressure on Trump from the outside, anticipating a “blue wave” midterm election this November. Should the Democrats win in 2018, the assumption is that Congress would immediately draft articles of impeachment against Trump.

For their part, the House Freedom Caucus appears to be the only part of Republican Party that insists on doing its job. They are doggedly pursuing the coup plotters embedded deep within the elephantine bureaucracy. One man in particular, Congressman Jim Jordan (R-OH), is doing his best to perform the constitutionally-mandated congressional oversight of the Department of Justice and the FBI. Both Jordan and his fellow House Freedom Caucus members insist on learning about the details surrounding the botched investigation into Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information from her time as secretary of state.

Since last June, Congress has requested all relevant documents from the FBI and DOJ on that investigation. And, until last week, the DOJ and FBI were brazenly stonewalling Congress, hilariously claiming that Congress could not exercise oversight over the Department of Justice and its Federal Bureau of Investigation (in fact, according to basic civics, yes, Congress canconduct oversight of executive branch agencies).

To compound the controversy, Congressman Jordan (and various press reports) claimed that elements from within the DOJ threatened Congressional staffers who were part of the oversight committee! Unfortunately for Congressman Jordan, a well-meaning man, who is poorly versed in the rules surrounding coups that Edward Luttwak outlined, he has now made himself the public enemy of the Deep State coup.

Read more:  https://spectator.org/the-deep-state-find-its-next-target/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: The Deep State Finds Its Next Target
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 11:00:36 pm »
Congressman Jordan (and various press reports) claimed that elements from within the DOJ threatened Congressional staffers who were part of the oversight committee! Unfortunately for Congressman Jordan, a well-meaning man, who is poorly versed in the rules surrounding coups that Edward Luttwak outlined, he has now made himself the public enemy of the Deep State coup.

Looks like Jim was warned.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 11:01:23 pm »
Looks like Jim was warned.

A failed blackmail attempt is more like it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 11:33:20 pm »
Total BS!  The entire episode!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 10:50:48 am »
Total BS!  The entire episode!

I agree @Bigun