Author Topic: Anne Frank's Family Tried to Escape to the U.S., Research Suggests  (Read 346 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Anne Frank's Family Tried to Escape to the U.S., Research Suggests
Associated Press 6 hrs ago

“I am forced to look out for emigration and as far as I can see USA is the only country we could go to,” Otto Frank wrote in English to a friend in the United States in 1941.

His efforts to get the family out of the Netherlands to the U.S. likely started as early as 1938 — a turbulent year in which Nazi Germany annexed Austria and part of Czechoslovakia into the Third Reich. On Nov. 9 that year, Nazis terrorized Jews throughout the country in the violent Kristallnacht pogroms, also known as the “Night of Broken Glass.”

Otto Frank wrote in his 1941 letter to his friend Nathan Straus that he had filed an application at the American consulate in the Dutch port city of Rotterdam in 1938.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/anne-franks-family-tried-to-escape-to-the-us-research-suggests/ar-AAzEuPo?OCID=ansmsnnews11

The story in fact, sort of pushes "open immigration", which I certainly do not agree with.  I feel for the plight of those legitimately in danger.