Author Topic: Ted Cruz urges voters in Illinois to pick the Democrat over 'bigoted fool' Nazi candidate  (Read 605 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Certainly a case in which "not" to vote for someone just because they have an "R" next to their name!

Ted Cruz urges voters in Illinois to pick the Democrat over 'bigoted fool' Nazi candidate

Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner (R) would like Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to keep his advice for Illinois voters to himself.

In the state's 3rd congressional district, the Republican candidate is Arthur Jones, a Holocaust denier and former leader of the American Nazi Party. He ran in the primary unopposed, and on Friday, Cruz tweeted that he found it "horrific" that Jones made the ballot. "To the good people of Illinois, you have two reasonable choices: write in another candidate, or vote for the Democrat," he said. "This bigoted fool should receive ZERO votes."........

http://theweek.com/speedreads/783027/ted-cruz-urges-voters-illinois-pick-democrat-over-bigoted-fool-nazi-candidate
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline bilo

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline jpsb

My rule is never vote for a Rat, but there is ALWAYS an exception to every rule and this sure looks
like one. Ted Cruz is right.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 03:17:18 pm by jpsb »

Offline Frank Cannon

My rule is never vote for a Rat, but there is ALWAYS and exception to every rule and this sure looks

Considering there are close to no GOP voters in this district this is a big who cares.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Considering there are close to no GOP voters in this district this is a big who cares.

Apparently, the governor of Illinois cares.  The gov should be clearly condemning this candidate and disassociating his party with said candidate.

Offline jpsb

Apparently, the governor of Illinois cares.  The gov should be clearly condemning this candidate and disassociating his party with said candidate.

Yup

Offline Frank Cannon

The Gov of IL can't get out of his own way. The state is a three ring circus.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

:amen:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Cruz tweeted that he found it "horrific" that Jones made the ballot. "To the good people of Illinois, you have two reasonable choices: write in another candidate, or vote for the Democrat," he said. "This bigoted fool should receive ZERO votes."........

Not sure he is saying to vote for the democrat if you are conservative as the title suggested. I think he was saying "IF" you are conservative you need to write someone in, and "IF" you are not conservative go ahead and vote "commie", but don't vote for Arthur Jones. At least that is what I hope Cruz meant because I have a hard time if he dares suggest anyone of any values vote democrat unless it was a Zell Miller type of candidate.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 08:11:19 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Not sure he is saying to vote for the democrat if you are conservative as the title suggested. I think he was saying "IF" you are conservative you need to write someone in, and "IF" you are not conservative go ahead and vote "commie", but don't vote for Arthur Jones. At least that is what I hope Cruz meant because I have a hard time if he dares suggest anyone of any values vote democrat unless it was a Zell Miller type of candidate.

Well, that was my interpretation.  I'm not sure however, what the rules are in IL for write-in candidates. In some states, write-in candidates have to qualify to be eligible to be written in on the ballot.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
My rule is never vote for a Rat, but there is ALWAYS an exception to every rule and this sure looks

I would write someone or myself in or abstain.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.