Author Topic: Mexico’s New Leftist President Is Not A Threat, But The Collapse Of Mexico Is  (Read 547 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Mexico’s New Leftist President Is Not A Threat, But The Collapse Of Mexico Is

The real danger isn’t that Mexico elected a left-wing populist as president, it’s that the new president won’t be able to govern his country.

Excerpt:

Whatever risks Obrador presents, the far greater problem is that Mexico is becoming ungovernable—a failed state with which we share a 2,000-mile border. If we think the growing chaos and unrest south of the border will not spill over into the United States, we’re deluding ourselves. It has in fact already spilled over, and is now only a matter of severity.

If we continue to ignore the collapse of our southern neighbors and maintain our longstanding—and misbegotten—policy of benign neglect, we should expect the flow of illegal immigrants and families seeking amnesty to number not in the tens of thousands but in the hundreds of thousands, perhaps the millions. At that point, U.S. policymakers and American voters must regard the crisis for what it is: a foreign policy and national security matter, not a proxy for domestic political disputes and our never-ending culture war.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/02/mexicos-new-leftist-president-not-threat-collapse-mexico/

I wish I could post this entire article because it is an eye opener into the collapsing  country of Mexico.  It warns that if we think this won’t spill over into our country we are deluding ourselves.  We are.  Mexican Cartel already operate inside the United States.  We are still sitting on our hands as if  we didn’t know what was happening in Mexico.  We must secure our borders now.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-world/border-mexico/article/New-report-shows-how-Mexican-cartels-are-12320888.php#photo-12434950
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:06:13 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

While the gist of the article would certainly indicate that more people would try to come over the border with Mexico's new president I'm hopeful and pretty confident that Trump wouldn't tolerate that influx. 

If a huge wave of people tries to enter, IMHO he really needs to send in the armed reserves and announce that those coming into the country illegally, will be considered an enemy of the U.S., a declaration of war and they will be dealt with accordingly.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"Failed State"... I don't know what can save it.

That said, amazingly, it's economy largely chugs right along. The peso is even up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-peso/mexico-peso-surges-in-wake-of-election-on-emerging-market-rally-idUSKBN1JT2IL

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
"Failed State"... I don't know what can save it.

That said, amazingly, it's economy largely chugs right along. The peso is even up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-peso/mexico-peso-surges-in-wake-of-election-on-emerging-market-rally-idUSKBN1JT2IL

When it gets bad enough people will stop going to Cancun.  Once the travel industry dries up due to the violence things will get tough.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.