Author Topic: Backfire: Trump soars 5 points in IBD-TIPP poll after Democrats go rabid  (Read 6114 times)

Offline Concerned

As I said, no disrespect intended. Its just not rational, thats all.

And as I said:  "not everyone thinks like you just like not everyone thinks like me."  Poll after poll shows that the majority of Americans disapprove of Trump's tweets.  The poll in this thread notes that 53% don't approve of Trump's as President.  The fact that at least some voters have buyer's remorse doesn't seem irrational to me at all.  Of course, that might be in YOUR OPINION, but that doesn't make it a fact. 

And, as a fundamentally honest person, of course, I'm going to take it as disrespect if someone implies I'm lying. 

Have a nice evening.   :seeya:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:29:49 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline aligncare

This is all true.  But @Concerned is also right that Trump's shtick is counterproductive.   There is a segment of the population that wants a President to, well, act Presidential.

We’ve had plenty of presidents who acted presidential and what has that gotten us except presidential actors and bigger government?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
And as I said:  "not everyone thinks like you just like not everyone thinks like me."  Poll after poll shows that the majority of Americans disapprove of Trump's tweets.  The poll in this thread notes that 53% don't approve of Trump's as President.  The fact that at least some voters have buyer's remorse doesn't seem irrational to me at all.  Of course, that might be in YOUR OPINION, but that doesn't make it a fact. 

And, as a fundamentally honest person, of course, I'm going to take it as disrespect if someone implies I'm lying. 

Have a nice evening.   :seeya:

And you always seem to want to have the last word. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline WingNot

You'll like this, @Wingnut; Trump is making inroads into the Democrats most neglected constituency:

Oliver McGee PhD MBA
@OliverMcGee
·
1h
Black approval of @POTUS @realDonaldTrump at 16% is highest since Nixon 1972 Election!

‘Dems Are Toast’ in 2018 & 2020 Elections in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio & Pennsylvania!

Show the awesome poll numbers to your friends!

(link: http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/11/black-support-trump-rising-danger-zone-democrats/) thefederalist.com/2018/05/11/bla…

#MAGA #KeepAmericaGreat #Trump

Additional information at the link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/olivermcgee

Thanks.  And don't that beat all! 888high58888

Offline Fantasywriter

You're obviously entitled to your opinion but a couple of points:  (1) I don't think it's all that unbelievable that I know "several" Trump voters (including my best friend and father) who won't vote for him again.  After all, his approval rating within Republicans is somewhere in the 80% to 90% range; (2) Both my Dad and friend thought/hoped he'd grow into the job and actually "act" Presidential (as he said he could -- of course, he obviously can't); and most importantly, (3) unlike our President, I don't lie or knowingly exaggerate.  Believe me, don't believe.  That's your call, but not everyone thinks like you just like not everyone thinks like me.

No doubt the dignity, honesty and gravitas of the Democrat candidates will appeal to your friends. Sure, they're screaming, "Abolish ICE, abolish detention, abolish the border--Trump is Hitler!!"--now, but surely they'll sober up and act their age eventually.

(Oh, and no way is Elizabeth Warren lying about her Native American heritage. Just look at her cheekbones: they tell the tale.)

Offline Fantasywriter

Thanks.  And don't that beat all! 888high58888

:beer:

Offline WingNot

Offline Fantasywriter

Enjoy your 4th! :patriot:

Thanks, and you too!

🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Offline Concerned

No doubt the dignity, honesty and gravitas of the Democrat candidates will appeal to your friends. Sure, they're screaming, "Abolish ICE, abolish detention, abolish the border--Trump is Hitler!!"--now, but surely they'll sober up and act their age eventually.

(Oh, and no way is Elizabeth Warren lying about her Native American heritage. Just look at her cheekbones: they tell the tale.)

No, my friends (and family) agree with many of Trump's policies (as do I) (as I mentioned previously), but his temperament, lies, and childishness are frustrating to many (including them (and me)).  Add to that his reckless/deficit spending and idiotic tariff policy, I don't think he's doing himself too many favors.  Yet more unforced errors IMO.  I think the fact that he's at 53% unapproval rating per the poll in this thread is further evidence of that.

Offline Fantasywriter

No, my friends (and family) agree with many of Trump's policies (as do I) (as I mentioned previously), but his temperament, lies, and childishness are frustrating to many (including them (and me)).  Add to that his reckless/deficit spending and idiotic tariff policy, I don't think he's doing himself too many favors.  Yet more unforced errors IMO.  I think the fact that he's at 53% unapproval rating per the poll in this thread is further evidence of that.

I haven't devoted 5 minutes to polling data since Trump beat Hillary in Nov 16. Prior to that I didn't have much time for polls; afterwards I had even less.

Did you hear about Trump's recent rally in Minnesota? That's not a red state stronghold, but people stood in line for many hours to get in. I read that about as many were turned away as were able to get inside the venue.

Have you read much about the #WalkAway movement? It's huge. There is no corresponding, #WalkAwayFromTrump movement.  The shift is from left to right.

One more thing. Democrats and Independents outnumbered Republicans at the Minnesota rally.  There is a groundswell in the making that the polls are missing--just as they so egregiously missed Trump's impending victory in '16. Pollsters would love it if they could drive the news as in bygone days, but those days are gone. Trump is doing just fine, the same as he was in the fall of '16.

Offline Concerned

I haven't devoted 5 minutes to polling data since Trump beat Hillary in Nov 16. Prior to that I didn't have much time for polls; afterwards I had even less.

Did you hear about Trump's recent rally in Minnesota? That's not a red state stronghold, but people stood in line for many hours to get in. I read that about as many were turned away as were able to get inside the venue.

Have you read much about the #WalkAway movement? It's huge. There is no corresponding, #WalkAwayFromTrump movement.  The shift is from left to right.

One more thing. Democrats and Independents outnumbered Republicans at the Minnesota rally.  There is a groundswell in the making that the polls are missing--just as they so egregiously missed Trump's impending victory in '16. Pollsters would love it if they could drive the news as in bygone days, but those days are gone. Trump is doing just fine, the same as he was in the fall of '16.

To answer your questions:  I did hear about his rally in Minnesota.  The capacity of the room was 8,000.  The fact that it was packed in a district he won by 16 points in a state where he got 1.3M votes isn’t all that surprising to me even though he lost the state 46.5% to 45%.

I’ve never heard of the Walkaway Movement. 

If the shift is from the Left to the Right, how many net House seats do you think the Republicans will pick up in the fall?  (I think they'll lose seats -- at least 23, but that's just my current guess.  What's your's?).

@Fantasywriter

http://www.startribune.com/trump-expected-to-discuss-trade-tariffs-during-duluth-visit/486023691/

Offline Fantasywriter

To answer your questions:  I did hear about his rally in Minnesota.  The capacity of the room was 8,000.  The fact that it was packed in a district he won by 16 points in a state where he got 1.3M votes isn’t all that surprising to me even though he lost the state 46.5% to 45%.

I’ve never heard of the Walkaway Movement. 

If the shift is from the Left to the Right, how many net House seats do you think the Republicans will pick up in the fall?  (I think they'll lose seats -- at least 23, but that's just my current guess.  What's your's?).

@Fantasywriter

http://www.startribune.com/trump-expected-to-discuss-trade-tariffs-during-duluth-visit/486023691/

I just used Duckduckgo and the string: walkaway movement huge

I got all kinds of hits. The movement is exploding. Blacks, Hispanics, liberals, gays, etc., etc., are leaving the Democratparty in droves. It's astounding.

I tried to select a single link thatwould sum it up, but all the best commentaries were on YouTube.  I wasn't sure you were up for a video so I'll leave it up to you. If you want more info, there's an embarrassment of riches.

I'll predict that the Republicans hold the House.  If Trump-hater Ryan stepped aside we'd do much better, so of course he won't.  Feel free to contact me again after the midterms. We'll compare notes.

Offline Concerned

I just used Duckduckgo and the string: walkaway movement huge

I got all kinds of hits. The movement is exploding. Blacks, Hispanics, liberals, gays, etc., etc., are leaving the Democratparty in droves. It's astounding.

I tried to select a single link thatwould sum it up, but all the best commentaries were on YouTube.  I wasn't sure you were up for a video so I'll leave it up to you. If you want more info, there's an embarrassment of riches.

I'll predict that the Republicans hold the House.  If Trump-hater Ryan stepped aside we'd do much better, so of course he won't.  Feel free to contact me again after the midterms. We'll compare notes.

Well, I predicted the Republican hold the House too.   *****rollingeyes*****  Of course, that wasn't the question I asked you.   *****rollingeyes*****  I asked you, with this supposed "HUGE" shift from Left to Right that you are predicting, how many seats will the Republicans pick up?  If they lose up to 24 seats (and still "hold the House", how is that a "HUGE" (or better yet an "astounding") shift Left to Right?  Data talks and BS walks.

Offline Concerned

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,323026.0.html

@Concerned

Thanks @Right_in_Virginia The Facebook page referenced in the above link has 43,034 members when I checked just now.  That's not HUGE, or ASTOUNDING to me. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Thanks @Right_in_Virginia The Facebook page referenced in the above link has 43,034 members when I checked just now.  That's not HUGE, or ASTOUNDING to me.

Well it ain't status quo either.  And it's just the beginning.  I'll keep you posted @Concerned  :laugh:

Offline Fantasywriter

Well, I predicted the Republican hold the House too.   *****rollingeyes*****  Of course, that wasn't the question I asked you.   *****rollingeyes*****  I asked you, with this supposed "HUGE" shift from Left to Right that you are predicting, how many seats will the Republicans pick up?  If they lose up to 24 seats (and still "hold the House", how is that a "HUGE" (or better yet an "astounding") shift Left to Right?  Data talks and BS walks.

Anyone predicting a race by race specific outcome for the House in July is a moron. My answer speaks for itself. If you want exact numbers you'll need to get them elsewhere.

Offline Concerned

Well it ain't status quo either.  And it's just the beginning.  I'll keep you posted @Concerned  :laugh:

Fair enough @Right_in_Virginia .   :beer: Thanks, but until folks are willing to start predicting Republican pick-ups in the House in 2018, these kind of (supposed) "huge" or "astounding" movements are just talk IMO (especially when they only currently have 43K members nationwide).   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Fantasywriter

The tweet that started #Walkaway had 5 million views several days [or it may have been a week] ago. It's mushroomed since then.

Offline Concerned

Anyone predicting a race by race specific outcome for the House in July is a moron. My answer speaks for itself. If you want exact numbers you'll need to get them elsewhere.

So much for the "huge" and "astounding" shift from Left to Right.   *****rollingeyes*****  If all you can do is currently predict that the Republicans will lose up to 24 seats in the House, does that really represent a "huge" and "astounding" shift from Left to Right?  Those are your words.  If there's truly a "huge" or "astounding" shift from Left to Right, I'd expect you'd be able to point to some data and/or make some predictions about how many seats the Right will pick up as a result of this supposed shift.  This movement has 43K members on Facebook.  Given that, I understand how you might not want to misrepresent it's impact, but on the other hand, I doubt most would consider that "huge" or "astounding" either.   :tongue2:

Offline Fantasywriter

So much for the "huge" and "astounding" shift from Left to Right.   *****rollingeyes*****  If all you can do is currently predict that the Republicans will lose up to 24 seats in the House, does that really represent a "huge" and "astounding" shift from Left to Right?  Those are your words.  If there's truly a "huge" or "astounding" shift from Left to Right, I'd expect you'd be able to point to some data and/or make some predictions about how many seats the Right will pick up as a result of this supposed shift.  This movement has 43K members on Facebook.  Given that, I understand how you might not want to misrepresent it's impact, but on the other hand, I doubt most would consider that "huge" or "astounding" either.   :tongue2:

Sorry I'm not jumping through all your hoops on command.

Fair enough @Right_in_Virginia .   :beer: Thanks, but until folks are willing to start predicting Republican pick-ups in the House in 2018,

Aw, come on @Concerned don't wait for that.  Remember what we did to all those predictions during the last election?  Well, we're so fond of our surprises, we're getting ready to do it all over again.   ^-^

The tweet that started #Walkaway had 5 million views several days [or it may have been a week] ago. It's mushroomed since then.

I think this is very, very good news!   :beer:

Offline Concerned

I view all kinds of tweets but that doesn't necessarily mean I support them (thankfully).  Trump has 53M followers.  Given that some of them are liberal journalists just to keep themselves informed, I suspect not all followers (or viewers) support him either.  My point is that I'm not sure that twitter views (or even follows) are an accurate representation of support.

Offline Concerned

Sorry I'm not jumping through all your hoops on command.

Or able to support your argument.   :seeya: