Author Topic: Backfire: Trump soars 5 points in IBD-TIPP poll after Democrats go rabid  (Read 6112 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/backfire_trump_soars_5_points_in_ibdtipp_poll_after_democrats_go_rabid.html

By Monica Showalter

Are Democrats the biggest idiots alive?

A new poll from IBD-TIPP (the most reliable, by the way) shows that President Trump has soared five fat points in the wake of Democrats' rage-fest against him over illegal immigration.  Our president is looking more presidential to the voters, and the left seems to be eating itself.

Seriously, many warnings have gone out that Democrats staking their future on open borders, hollering about "the children," isn't working at all.  As Trump soars, it turns out they're digging their own graves.

Investor's Business Daily's John Merline writes:

Increasingly bitter and aggressive attacks on President Trump managed to bolster his approval rating, which climbed 5 points to reach the second highest level of his presidency, the latest IBD/TIPP Poll finds.

The July poll found that 41% approve of the job Trump is doing.  That's the first time he's been above 40% since March 2017, and just 1 point below his highest approval rating of 42% during his first month in office.  Fifty-four [percent] disapprove of his job performance.

Attacks on Trump intensified late last month in the wake of the administration's "zero tolerance" policy toward those caught illegally crossing the U.S.-Mexico border – including families.

A poll like this is bound to get Democrats' attention – the smart ones, at least, the ones who strategize behind closed doors.  It's quite possible that if they don't dismiss this poll (which they know was oh, so right on election night 2016) outright, they'll start telling their rabid denizens to cool it if they want to maintain any hope for their vaunted blue wave come November.  If we see quietude from the left, we'll know they believe it.

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 04:05:39 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
All though the Rats could change the tone of their vile rhetoric, the good news for us is, they do not have the ability to do so.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It is common sense. Trump's positions and policies are in line with our citizens.

--Americans over illegal immigrants

--Prosperity over dependency and over regulation

--Cancel crappy "agreements," Iran nuclear, Trade, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Concerned

It is common sense. Trump's positions and policies are in line with our citizens.

And still, he has a 53% unfavorable rating per the poll from the OP.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

And still, he has a 53% unfavorable rating per the poll from the OP.

And your point is?  Never Trumpers suck.

Offline Concerned

And your point is?  Never Trumpers suck.

My point is that I think dislike (as measured by unapproval) for Trump goes beyond his policies.  I think there are plenty of folks who dislike the lies, falsehoods, exaggerations, and childishness that come along with his policies (plus there’s a sizable segment of the population on the Left also against many of his policies). 

When Presidential disapproval remains above 50% (and approval climbs only to 40%) when the economy is booming like this, that tells me something fundamental about the person holding the office and people's opinion of him.

Offline WingNot

My point is that I think dislike (as measured by unapproval) for Trump goes beyond his policies.  I think there are plenty of folks who dislike the lies, falsehoods, exaggerations, and childishness that come along with his policies (plus there’s a sizable segment of the population on the Left also against many of his policies). 

When Presidential disapproval remains above 50% (and approval climbs only to 40%) when the economy is booming like this, that tells me something fundamental about the person holding the office and people's opinion of him.

My point is if you remove the NT'ers from the mix of unfavorables ....the poll is looking bad for the rats.

Offline Concerned

My point is if you remove the NT'ers from the mix of unfavorables ....the poll is looking bad for the rats.

And if you remove all except those who are Trump syncophants, he'd have record approval.  *****rollingeyes*****  NT'ers and Democrats are still allowed to have an opinion in this country and still allowed to vote.  I'm not sure what practical purpose it serves to play "what-if's" about removing certain segments of the population from polling data.  I prefer to accept the data as is especially when it's supposedly from "the most reliable" polling source.  JMO.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 06:46:17 pm by Concerned »

Offline WingNot

Whatever.  You are a hater.   Can't talk to you. 

Offline Fantasywriter

This reminds me of Nate Silver, when he predicted over a 70% chance of a Hillary win. He had Trump under 30% odds of victory.  I still recall the images of Silver as the election night returns were coming in. He looked like a two day bender with no sleep in between.

Offline truth_seeker

NT'ers and Democrats are still allowed to have an opinion in this country and still allowed to vote. 

I don't know if you meant to leave "NTers"and"Democrats" so close together, but I noticed it.

That is how I group them, too. Despite the "Hub" thingie

Both get their Fakestream info from the same sources, and sound mostly the same, over and over. 

Offline Fantasywriter

I don't know if you meant to leave "NTers"and"Democrats" so close together, but I noticed it.

Both get their Fakestream info from the same sources, and sound mostly the same, over and over.

👍

Online cato potatoe

This poll has Dems +8 on the congressional ballot.  Granted, nonvoters have not been filtered out, but I hope and suspect the numbers are friendlier than presented.

Offline Concerned

Actually, I was making a distinction between Trump sycophants and everyone else.  I think he's going to need more than the sycophants to win re-election, and these poll results don't indicate to me that he's got the approval ratings that indicate re-election -- not with a 53% unapproval rating.  I doubt the Democrats will field such an obviously beatable candidate again (but their could, I suppose).

Offline truth_seeker

Actually, I was making a distinction between Trump sycophants and everyone else.  I think he's going to need more than the sycophants to win re-election, and these poll results don't indicate to me that he's got the approval ratings that indicate re-election -- not with a 53% unapproval rating.  I doubt the Democrats will field such an obviously beatable candidate again (but their could, I suppose).

He won with people that took a chance they would like what he would do.

He might get more votes, based on people liking what he has actually done.

His approval numbers have gone up. (In various polls)

A lot of Trump voters, tell pollsters to buzz off. "sycophants'" votes matter, too. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

This is all true.  But @Concerned is also right that Trump's shtick is counterproductive.   There is a segment of the population that wants a President to, well, act Presidential.   
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:50:10 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Concerned

This is all true.  But @Concerned is also right that Trump's shtick is counterproductive.   There is a segment of the population that wants a President to, well, act Presidential.

Exactly right @Jazzhead I know several Trump voters (e.g., my best friend and father) who won't vote for him again.  I think there are plenty of folks who don't like the lies, falsehoods, exaggerations, and childishness, but actually do like (some of) his policies.  As my father says, "the man would rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground to tell the truth".  I like some of his policies (e.g., deregulation, ISIS), but don't like others (e.g., tariffs, reckless/deficit spending), but I absolutely hate the lies, falsehoods, exaggerations, and childishness.

Offline Fantasywriter

I thought Trump's 'unpresidential behavior' was what was going to sink him in the primaries or the general? At least that is what I was so often told.

Offline WingNot

I thought Trump's 'unpresidential behavior' was what was going to sink him in the primaries or the general? At least that is what I was so often told.

888high58888

Offline Frank Cannon

This poll is more tangible proof that indeed President Trump is GOD!!!!!

Offline skeeter

Exactly right @Jazzhead I know several Trump voters (e.g., my best friend and father) who won't vote for him again.  I think there are plenty of folks who don't like the lies, falsehoods, exaggerations, and childishness, but actually do like (some of) his policies.  As my father says, "the man would rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground to tell the truth".

No disrespect intended but since the only difference between president Trump and candidate Trump is his record of actual achievement, which most republicans apparently approve of, I am extremely skeptical of your claim.

Offline Fantasywriter

You'll like this, @Wingnut; Trump is making inroads into the Democrats most neglected constituency:

Oliver McGee PhD MBA
@OliverMcGee
·
1h
Black approval of @POTUS @realDonaldTrump at 16% is highest since Nixon 1972 Election!

‘Dems Are Toast’ in 2018 & 2020 Elections in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio & Pennsylvania!

Show the awesome poll numbers to your friends!

(link: http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/11/black-support-trump-rising-danger-zone-democrats/) thefederalist.com/2018/05/11/bla…

#MAGA #KeepAmericaGreat #Trump

Additional information at the link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/olivermcgee

Offline Concerned

No disrespect intended but since the only difference between president Trump and candidate Trump is his record of actual achievement, which most republicans apparently approve of, I am extremely skeptical of your claim.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion but a couple of points:  (1) I don't think it's all that unbelievable that I know "several" Trump voters (including my best friend and father) who won't vote for him again.  After all, his approval rating within Republicans is somewhere in the 80% to 90% range; (2) Both my Dad and friend thought/hoped he'd grow into the job and actually "act" Presidential (as he said he could -- of course, he obviously can't); and most importantly, (3) unlike our President, I don't lie or knowingly exaggerate.  Believe me, don't believe.  That's your call, but not everyone thinks like you just like not everyone thinks like me.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:21:03 pm by Concerned »

Offline skeeter

You're obviously entitled to your opinion but a couple of points:  (1) I don't think it's all that unbelievable that I know "several" Trump voters (including my best friend and father) who won't vote for him again.  After all, his approval rating within Republicans is somewhere in the 80% to 90% range; (2) Both my Dad and friend thought/hoped he'd grow into the job and actually "act" Presidential (as he said he could -- of course, he obviously can't); and most importantly, (3) unlike our President, I don't lie or knowingly exaggerate.  Believe me, don't believe.  That's your call, but not everyone thinks like you just like not everyone thinks like me.

As I said, no disrespect intended. Its just not rational, thats all.