Author Topic: Rank and File Dems Turning Tide on Illegal Immigration  (Read 640 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Rank and File Dems Turning Tide on Illegal Immigration
« on: July 03, 2018, 02:50:05 am »
Rank and File Dems Turning Tide on Illegal Immigration

By Leesa K. Donner | Jul 1, 2018 | Ignored by MSM, Narrated News

It seems that rank and file Democrats aren’t so supportive of illegal immigration, despite the leftist media spin and unrelenting exhortations from the Democratic hierarchy. In fact, just how Americans feel about unfettered immigration is beginning to slowly but surely ooze out of the proverbial toothpaste tube.

Democratic pollster Mark Penn took a first, hard squeeze at it, in an interview with The Hill that revealed, “a vast majority of Americans don’t really support so-called sanctuary cities that shield immigrants in the country illegally from deportation.” The former chief strategist for Hillary Clinton’s first failed presidential campaign said that 84% of those he polled, “favor turning undocumented immigrants over to federal agents.”

But there is more – so much more – that the left-wing media isn’t telling you. A new Harvard-Harris poll (hardly a right-wing analysis) discovered that “eighty-one percent of Americans want one million or fewer legal immigrants” to be let into the U.S. annually. And here is the kicker:

“…the public seems to generally be on board with a more restrictive, merit-based immigration system. Americans prefer a system of prioritizing would-be legal immigrants based on their ability to contribute, based on their education and skills, over one based on immigrants having relatives in the United States, 79 to 21 percent. That includes a majority of white (79 percent), Hispanic (72 percent), and black (85 percent) citizens, as well as majorities of Democrats (72 percent), liberals (65 percent), and Clinton voters (72 percent).”

Bet you haven’t heard those numbers on Morning Joke when Mika and Joe belly up to the coffee bar with their satraps on MSDNC each morning. No, it seems better for the powers that be to hold back this kind of information from the dozen or so people who still watch their program......

https://www.libertynation.com/rank-and-file-dems-turning-tide-on-illegal-immigration/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Rank and File Dems Turning Tide on Illegal Immigration
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 02:53:09 am »
Looks like the Dems have failed and there will be a rout in November.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 02:53:20 am »

Such is a good ting..No?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 03:03:52 am »
Looks like the Dems have failed and there will be a rout in November.

I think Republicans who have hindered President Trump from securing the border should take note.  It should have been obvious when Trump won the election with all of the immigration tough talking he did.  And he had support of many Democrats also.  He wasn't known as a Conservative.  So this is no surprise.  People on both sides of the isles want illegal immigration to stop.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 03:25:48 am »
I think Republicans who have hindered President Trump from securing the border should take note.  It should have been obvious when Trump won the election with all of the immigration tough talking he did.  And he had support of many Democrats also.  He wasn't known as a Conservative.  So this is no surprise.  People on both sides of the isles want illegal immigration to stop.

Call out to the one or two never Trumpeters still broadcasting...
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 04:06:50 am »
Call out to the one or two never Trumpeters still broadcasting...

I have always said I will give praise where it is deserved.  Right now I most disgusted with the spineless GOP.  Everyone should care about immigration.  I was reading an article about the new Mexican President and it dawned on me that he had campaigned on ridding the government of Cartel goons.  He is a dangerous liberal who has called for Mexican people to invade America.  But the situation in the Mexican government having ties to the Cartel was part of the reason he won.  I believe there are politicians here also who are tied to organized Mexican Cartel crime.  There is no other explanation for how they want our country invaded.

Washington Secrets

Poll: Hispanics back Trump deportations, ending 'sanctuary cities'

by Paul Bedard

| February 14, 2017 03:08 PM

Hispanic voters support President Trump's new focus on deporting illegal immigrants with criminal records and punishing some 300 cities that grant "sanctuary" to undocumented criminals, according to a new poll.

The survey for Secure America Now found that 56 percent of Hispanic voters approve of deporting criminal illegals. Some 31 percent don't.

What's more, they back the president's executive order to end the Obama administration's "catch and release" policy at the border.

Over all in the McLaughlin and Associates survey, 69 percent of all voters back the president's plans.

More: "Trump voters approved 93 percent to 4 percent, but Clinton voters also approved 53 percent to 35 percent. Republicans gave near unanimous support 92 percent to 6 percent; independents 66 percent to 18 percent, and Democrats approved 50 percent to 37 percent. The majority of Hispanic voters also approved the deportation of criminal illegal immigrants 56 percent to 31 percent."

The numbers might even be better for Trump since more weight was given in the poll to Democrats, 36 percent to 33 percent Republican.

On cutting off federal grants to sanctuary cities, 46 percent of Hispanic voters agreed, 43 percent opposed. Overall, the margin was 59 percent support to 29 percent oppose.

Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at pbedard@washingtonexaminer.com

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-hispanics-back-trump-deportations-ending-sanctuary-cities