Author Topic: Mexico president-elect rejects bodyguards: 'The citizens will protect me'  (Read 605 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mexico president-elect rejects bodyguards: 'The citizens will protect me'
Tom Phillips in Mexico City

He has just been elected commander-in-chief of a nation mired in an intractable drug conflict that has claimed more than 200,000 lives in little more than a decade.

But on Tuesday, Mexico’s incoming president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, claimed he would waive the right to close protection in a bid to stay close to the people.

“I don’t want bodyguards, which means the citizens will take care of me and protect me,” López Obrador, or Amlo, as he is best known, told reporters as he called on Mexico’s incumbent president, Enrique Peña Nieto, to discuss the transition.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/world/mexico-president-elect-rejects-bodyguards-the-citizens-will-protect-me/ar-AAzyjSE?li=BBr8Mkj

**nononono*  May be a PR stunt. He's got to have some protection, they've gunned down politicians left and right there.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
No body guards gives him less than six months.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

If only Howard Cosell were alive to report it....

! No longer available

Offline LegalAmerican

Mexico's, new PM, is lying!  He has secert bodyguards, & all the drug cartel protecting him.  What a liar.  It is a stunt.    About 120 people who had hopes of running, are now dead.   DON'T BELIEVE THAT POS.

Offline LegalAmerican

If only Howard Cosell were alive to report it....

! No longer available

What kind of spoof, was this?  The guy was shot about 12 times.  Not even FAKE BLOOD. lol.  Never saw this before. 

Offline dfwgator

What kind of spoof, was this?  The guy was shot about 12 times.  Not even FAKE BLOOD. lol.  Never saw this before.

It's from the Woody Allen movie "Bananas".

Offline LegalAmerican

It's from the Woody Allen movie "Bananas".

Thank you.  I m not much for movies.  Never saw Animal Farm, nor Animal House!  I think I need to, as many make reference to them.