Author Topic: University Rejects Professor’s Statement That Men And Women Are Different  (Read 705 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The University of Washington publicly condemned a professor’s op-ed explaining that there aren’t as many women in the field of coding as men because men and women are different and make different choices.

Computer science professor Stuart Reges wrote a June 19 essay explaining why there aren’t more women in the field of coding, alleging that it’s unlikely the percentage of women in the tech industry will surpass 20 percent because women are simply less interested in the profession than men.

“If men and women are different, then we should expect them to make different choices,” he continued in the piece. “There has been no period of time when men have been increasing while women have been decreasing.” He surmised that “Women can code, but often they don’t want to.” ...

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/02/university-of-washington-op-ed-women-coding/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
There's an awful lot of women coders here.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
For whatever it's worth, I agree with the professor  here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Jordan Peterson makes the case that in Sweden, where attempts to establish equality have been ongoing for a long time, the inequality is greater than in most other 1st world nations.  Because there is so much institutional equality of benefits for instance, Swedish men and women go into the fields that interest them, which opens up an even wider difference between what the sexes.

In other words, when you remove pay, status and benefits differences, people do the kind of work they are interested in.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Jordan Peterson makes the case that in Sweden, where attempts to establish equality have been ongoing for a long time, the inequality is greater than in most other 1st world nations.  Because there is so much institutional equality of benefits for instance, Swedish men and women go into the fields that interest them, which opens up an even wider difference between what the sexes.

In other words, when you remove pay, status and benefits differences, people do the kind of work they are interested in.

Seems rather elementary to me.  Not rocket science.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Seems rather elementary to me.  Not rocket science.

Not so in upside-down-world, or the world of social "science".

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Not so in upside-down-world, or the world of social "science".

Yeah.  I know.   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

Leftest believe in their dogma no matter what the actual evidence points to - yet they claim to be the great defenders of science - just as long as it doesn't involve the scientific method apparently...