Author Topic: Poland's Muslim ban (Daniel Pipes)  (Read 325 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Poland's Muslim ban (Daniel Pipes)
« on: July 02, 2018, 01:24:16 pm »
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/1/how-poland-responds-to-western-europes-illegal-mig/

Poland's Muslim ban
By Daniel Pipes
Sunday, July 1, 2018

WARSAW | On being designated prime minister of Poland last December, Mateusz Morawiecki made the extraordinary statement that he and his government want to “transform [the European Union], to re-Christianize it.”

Struck by this grand vision of Poland’s destiny, and particularly interested in the near-total ban on Muslim migrants (Mr. Morawiecki again: “we will not accept migrants from the Middle East and North Africa in Poland“), I just spent a week in Warsaw to understand why that country differs so sharply from Western Europe and what this implies.

I found a raging debate over the country’s civilizationist (usually and inaccurately known as “far-right”) party, called Law and Justice (PiS, pronounced peace). More precisely, Poles disagree on: Did PiS foment or respond to anti-Muslim feelings?

PiS critics portray it (like other civilizationist parties) as riding imaginary fears and specious emotions to political power.

Full article at URL above...

Offline dfwgator

Re: Poland's Muslim ban (Daniel Pipes)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 01:26:41 pm »
There have been Muslims in Poland for centuries, they are the Tartars.

Offline WilliamVA

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 01:54:06 pm »
There have been Muslims in Poland for centuries, they are the Tartars.

I assume you are referring to "Tatars", they are found in most Eastern European countries, in varying numbers.
Latest indications is world wide, they number 6.9 million, (mostly in Russia, and the former Soviet Republics.
Poland, at last census has 1,916 Tatars.  Less then 1 percent of the population of Poland is Moslem.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 02:14:57 pm »
Those pols knows.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."