Author Topic: Never Trumpers Suffer Yet Another Utter Humiliation  (Read 3355 times)

Offline endicom

Never Trumpers Suffer Yet Another Utter Humiliation
« on: July 02, 2018, 12:43:12 pm »
Townhall
Kurt Schlichter
July 2, 2018

Last week was especially glorious not just because we rejected the latest GOPe amnesty scheme, not just because we defunded the left’s union cash extortion machine with the Janus decision, and not just because Justice Kennedy is leaving to be the swing vote on his retirement community HOA. It was especially glorious because these enormous victories – these latest enormous victories – were the direct result of normal Americans giving the gimps, grifters, and geebos of Never Trump the George Costanza treatment by doing precisely the opposite of our alleged betters’ political instincts.

Everything they told us was wrong. If we had done what they demanded, we would not be revelling in the joy of conserva-victory. We would be resigned to yet another defeat. “But Gorsuch” indeed, you never-been-kissed band of losers.

If we had listened to Never Trump, we’d have voted for Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit and we would not only have Merrick Garland (or worse) on the SCOTUS but now she’d be picking another pinko who agrees with the lib bloc that the First Amendment has hitherto unknown asterisks that prevent conservatives from using it, that a bunch of other rights that aren’t in the Constitution actually are, and that the Second Amendment stuff about not infringing on our right to keep and bear arms really means libs can totally infringe on our right to keep and bear arms. Let’s leave aside our booming economy and crushing ISIS and pulling out of the climate scam and maybe peace with North Korea. Just these two Supreme Court picks makes Trump the most important and successful conservative president since The Big R. And we wouldn’t have any of it if that nattering pack of insufferable sissies had had their way.

More... https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/07/02/draft-n2496373

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Never Trumpers Suffer Yet Another Utter Humiliation
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 01:04:55 pm »

But even today, this dwindling band of bow-tied nimrods still whine despite these manifest conservative triumphs. And their numbers grow fewer as the evidence grows in support of an undeniable conclusion: The election of Donald Trump was a conservative triumph of a magnitude we are only beginning to fully appreciate.

A lot of us had our doubts, but Trump assuaged them by doing something we never expected to see a GOP politician actually do – keep his promises. I was hardcore anti-Trump long ago – I was not Never Trump, only Never Hillary. I was loud and proud for Ted Cruz, with zero trust in a New York playboy whose attachment to conservative ideology seemed intermittent at best. I write about my transformation at length, and with considerably more colorful language, in my upcoming book Militant Normals, which drops in October. But suffice it to say that I, as have a bunch of fellow Trump-doubters, came around because Trump performed. He did what he said he would. Promises made, promises kept. He promised winning, and delivered winning, and damnit, we normal conservatives are here to win.

A principled loser is just another kind of loser – an especially annoying kind because he never seems to shut his Zima-hole about his precious principles.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 01:17:17 pm »
But even today, this dwindling band of bow-tied nimrods still whine despite these manifest conservative triumphs. And their numbers grow fewer as the evidence grows in support of an undeniable conclusion: The election of Donald Trump was a conservative triumph of a magnitude we are only beginning to fully appreciate.

A lot of us had our doubts, but Trump assuaged them by doing something we never expected to see a GOP politician actually do – keep his promises. I was hardcore anti-Trump long ago – I was not Never Trump, only Never Hillary. I was loud and proud for Ted Cruz, with zero trust in a New York playboy whose attachment to conservative ideology seemed intermittent at best. I write about my transformation at length, and with considerably more colorful language, in my upcoming book Militant Normals, which drops in October. But suffice it to say that I, as have a bunch of fellow Trump-doubters, came around because Trump performed. He did what he said he would. Promises made, promises kept. He promised winning, and delivered winning, and damnit, we normal conservatives are here to win.

A principled loser is just another kind of loser – an especially annoying kind because he never seems to shut his Zima-hole about his precious principles.

Schlichter has a weigh with words.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 01:30:41 pm »

That's heavy, man....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Jul 02, 2018 12:01 AM

Last week was especially glorious not just because we rejected the latest GOPe amnesty scheme, not just because we defunded the left’s union cash extortion machine with the Janus decision, and not just because Justice Kennedy is leaving to be the swing vote on his retirement community HOA. It was especially glorious because these enormous victories – these latest enormous victories – were the direct result of normal Americans giving the gimps, grifters, and geebos of Never Trump the George Costanza treatment by doing precisely the opposite of our alleged betters’ political instincts.

Everything they told us was wrong. If we had done what they demanded, we would not be revelling in the joy of conserva-victory. We would be resigned to yet another defeat. “But Gorsuch” indeed, you never-been-kissed band of losers.

If we had listened to Never Trump, we’d have voted for Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit and we would not only have Merrick Garland (or worse) on the SCOTUS but now she’d be picking another pinko who agrees with the lib bloc that the First Amendment has hitherto unknown asterisks that prevent conservatives from using it, that a bunch of other rights that aren’t in the Constitution actually are, and that the Second Amendment stuff about not infringing on our right to keep and bear arms really means libs can totally infringe on our right to keep and bear arms. Let’s leave aside our booming economy and crushing ISIS and pulling out of the climate scam and maybe peace with North Korea. Just these two Supreme Court picks makes Trump the most important and successful conservative president since The Big R. And we wouldn’t have any of it if that nattering pack of insufferable sissies had had their way.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/07/02/draft-n2496373
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 11:43:25 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 12:13:45 am »

WOW~!  Fun read.

Thanks for that!!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 03:54:45 am »
“But even today, this dwindling band of bow-tied nimrods obsesses us to the point of distraction, so that we can barely let a week pass without writing about them.  They own our minds and our thoughts, even as their numbers grow fewer.” 

This article is just dumb.

“Conserva-victory”.  Really?

“Felonia Milhous Von Pantsuit.” But...that’s not even funny.  Not remotely.  It’s corny and about on the level of Mike Huckabee’s Tweets.  He’s always dropping embarrassing lines he thinks are hilarious.  Schlichter has that issue, too; his thing is coming up with cringey names.

It’s kind of interesting that a lot of male Trump supporters are always accusing male Never Trumps of being sissies, or whatever.  I’ve drawn my own conclusions about that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 12:05:15 pm »
“But even today, this dwindling band of bow-tied nimrods obsesses us to the point of distraction, so that we can barely let a week pass without writing about them.  They own our minds and our thoughts, even as their numbers grow fewer.” 

This article is just dumb.

“Conserva-victory”.  Really?

“Felonia Milhous Von Pantsuit.” But...that’s not even funny.  Not remotely. ...

Yeah, but *this* is pretty good.   :laugh:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 12:22:14 pm »

"A principled loser is just another kind of loser – an especially annoying kind because he never seems to shut his Zima-hole about his precious principles."

The 'money' shot.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 01:15:08 pm »
Say, is this where we can opine about misguided NeverTrumpers? Because, boy were they ever wrong.

Have not read article yet, but I think it’s safe to say we all agree that America is in a better place now without Hillary Clinton in the Oval Office. But, naturally differences arise when we consider if the republican nominee had been say, Jeb Bush (or any other establishment republican) or conservative Ted Cruz, and not Donald Trump. There’s when the July 3rd fireworks begin.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 01:34:44 pm »
I stopped reading at "Kurt Schlichter."

Let me guess: insult upon insult, no substantial thought, and still living in 2016. In other words, trolling and clickbait.

Am I right? What do I win?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 01:52:48 pm »

Let me guess: insult upon insult, no substantial thought, and still living in 2016. In other words, trolling and clickbait.

You win a cold six-pack of Zima.  Blech!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 01:54:49 pm »
NeverTrumpers...

“gimps, grifters, and geebos”  “nattering pack of insufferable sissies”  “bow-tied nimrods”  “George [Will] and his doofus pals”

Yeah, that felt good.

But, underneath the invectives were the truths...

Never Trumpers blame Trump (and, by extension, uppity normals like us who dared defy them) for taking that all away, for prying them out of their safe, lucrative sinecures feeding the suckers the line that they were there in the swamp fighting for us. We figured out that they had really reached their own secret truce with the establishment. The official conservative opposition pretended to fight and the establishment pretended it was really an opposition.
Ow, that hurt.

Trump did this. Any other republican candidate would have been either co-oped or swallowed up and spit out by the business-as-usual establishment and it’s State and Media enforcers.

Only Trump had the personality and skills to survive the establishment’s rath. Go on, NeverTrumpers, admit it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 01:57:36 pm »

Exactly!  Why else would the usual suspects be so giddy about it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 01:57:47 pm »
NeverTrumpers...

“gimps, grifters, and geebos”  “nattering pack of insufferable sissies”  “bow-tied nimrods”  “George [Will] and his doofus pals”

Yeah, that felt good.

But, underneath the invectives were the truths...
 Ow, that hurt.

Trump did this. Any other republican candidate would have been either co-oped or swallowed up and spit out by the business-as-usual establishment and it’s State and Media enforcers.

Only Trump had the personality and skills to survive the establishment’s wrath. Go on, NeverTrumpers, admit it.

...or not!  "   Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"   :shrug:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2018, 05:26:33 pm »
Topics merged.

Fantastic!

This way, the 1000th iteration of "Nyah nyah, I was right and you were wrong" can all happen in one place!

I can not bleep believe that some people still think crap articles like this add anything of value.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:27:06 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Silver Pines

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2018, 06:11:26 pm »

@Right_in_Virginia

Nah, it’s as dumb as the rest of the piece.  I get the tone he was going for, but he flopped miserably.  He’s a pretty talentless writer.

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2018, 06:15:18 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Nah, it’s as dumb as the rest of the piece.  I get the tone he was going for, but he flopped miserably.  He’s a pretty talentless writer.

And, yet @CatherineofAragon his points are vivid.   ^-^

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2018, 06:20:03 pm »
I think the sooner we all give up on the "We got 'em on the run now!" argument, the better.  I never much liked "I told you so."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 06:44:01 pm »
Fantastic!

This way, the 1000th iteration of "Nyah nyah, I was right and you were wrong" can all happen in one place!  I can not bleep believe that some people still think crap articles like this add anything of value.

You might want to take this up with Nancy .... @Maj. Bill Martin

Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Jul 02, 2018 12:01 AM

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/07/02/draft-n2496373

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 06:47:34 pm »
That's heavy, man....

Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2018, 07:11:24 pm »
Fantastic!

This way, the 1000th iteration of "Nyah nyah, I was right and you were wrong" can all happen in one place!

Seems to be the primary motivating factor of so many.  Apparently it is the only thing they live for and gives them any sense of worth.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 07:54:33 pm »
You might want to take this up with Nancy .... @Maj. Bill Martin

I'm well aware of who posted it, and stand by what I said.  I think articles like this serve as lightning rods for food fights, and drag down the forum.

I'm very far from a NeverTrumper, and have butted heads with @INVAR many times.  But exactly how can we ask/expect the NeverTrumpers here to stop picking fights if us Trump supporters keep starting them?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:05:04 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2018, 08:06:49 pm »
But exactly how can we ask/expect the NeverTrumpers here to stop picking fights if us Trump supporters keep starting them?

Unlike some of your compatriots, you are not interested in invalidating our concerns and principles, and poking us in the eye because you think we deserve eternal hostility and animosity for not marching in cheerleading lockstep with the chosen one.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 08:07:55 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775