Author Topic: Meet the contenders to fill Justice Anthony Kennedy's seat on the Supreme Court  (Read 259 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Meet the contenders to fill Justice Anthony Kennedy's seat on the Supreme Court
by Melissa Quinn
 | July 01, 2018 12:00 AM

Justice Anthony Kennedy's announcement that he will retire from the Supreme Court effective July 31 has put all eyes back on President Trump's list of 25 possible nominees to the high court.

The list's origins trace back to the 2016 presidential campaign, when then-candidate Trump released in May 2016 a list of 11 judges he would consider to fill the seat vacated by the late Justice Antonin Scalia. The list grew to 21 in September 2016, and that expansion included the name of Neil Gorsuch, who would go on to replace Scalia on the high court.

Trump's final addition to his Supreme Court short-list came in November, when he added four more possible nominees to the high court, bringing the total to 25.

The list includes 24 former and current judges on the federal and state courts, in addition to one U.S. senator.

After Kennedy notified Trump of his impending retirement, the president told reporters he would select a successor from that list of 25. Court watchers say there a five favorites to be nominated, with several more under serious consideration.

Meet the judges — and senator —that make up Trump's list.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/meet-the-contenders-to-fill-justice-anthony-kennedys-seat-on-the-supreme-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Thanks for the info.  I'm not familiar with any of them other than Mike Lee and I'm hoping he stays put.  We need all the conservative help we can get in the Senate.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.